• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2009 Snow and Pizza Run Jan. 3rd

Looks like we will be there. Minus one. Had to put my pup down yesterday morning. Kind of quiet around here. See you guys there. Anyone coming from the north side?

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Looks like we will be there. Minus one. Had to put my pup down yesterday morning. Kind of quiet around here. See you guys there. Anyone coming from the north side?

Sorry to hear that, we're glad you are still coming. See you soon.

Glen

I screwed up and double booked my plans for the weekend. I forgot it's my anniversary the weekend of the 3rd. I'm glad I didn't wake up early leave for the trail and find out when I got back home. lol I could have posted up some pretty cool looking battered photos of me had it happened. ouhHUHHhhhHHh just thinking about the realization that I forgot our anniversary while on the trail or something makes me shudder. That's got to be one of the worst feelings of dread knowing that there's no escape and punishment awaits. lol

Have a great run on Sunday! I'd really like to meet ya all. Rising Sun has a good reputation and I'm looking forward to running a trail that I can keep up with ya'll.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
You can bring the wife along and have a nice "picnic";) when we are all stuck. After we are done you can take her to dinner, just to two of you at a romantic table on the second level..................where the rest of us just happen to sitting :lmao:

And if she doesn't like pizza and beer there are some very fine dining establishments in Idaho Springs :thumb::cheers:

If that still doesn't work were sorry and see you on the next run :thumb:

Glen

I tried that T, now it looks like I have to buy her some jewelry too. :eek: I don't think she thought it was as good idea as we did. Good luck on the run.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Sorry to hear that, we'll keep you in our thoughts;)

As for the jewelry part, doesn't that give you the OK to buy a part for the truck:D

IF you have time you can always meet us for a beer at Beaujos Pizza:)

Glen

It's like you are experienced at being married or something? lol We'll be back on Monday :(

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
18-20 years depending on who you ask ;) Sounds like somebody is getting a nice anniversary present. Enjoy and we'll see you on the next run.

Gerdo

A quick update on Yankee Hill. Other than high winds on Sunday a group of us headed up. It was Glen, Ric, Austin and wife Chris, Cory, and myself. Once you left the air-down lot the road to the trailhead is clean. The first part of the trail has ablot 12" with a few drifted areas of 2'. Back to a few inches to the fenced off lot. The trail from there was back to about a foot. The first big hill was about 2'-3'. We spent about an hour trying to get to the top. Glen did most of the work and did have to winch the last 10' to the top. At that point we decided that we would have to winch everyone up. We headed back and played on the rocks by the air-down lot.
4runner001.jpg

4runner006.jpg

4runner007.jpg

Last edited:

Gerdo

I didn't have chains on. Chains are un-necessary for the first few miles. I would bet that some of your more radical machines we will be able to break more trail and go farther.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Looks good, not as much snow as I thought there would be out there. Would be nice if it was between this and last years snow, then again we could get tons more snow between now and then..................I hope!!

i cant wait. is it the 3rd yet?

looks like i will have a new edition with me, got a pup for xmas. after having dogs for the last 10 years or so did not seem right around here. see everyone there. when i get close what channel will everyone be on?

kenny

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
WooHoo, I got my work schedule swapped around. So I will see y'all Saturday mornin'!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I didn't have chains on. Chains are un-necessary for the first few miles. I would bet that some of your more radical machines we will be able to break more trail and go farther.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

I might look for a few of the built guys with winches to volunteer to head out before the main group to start busting the trail, winch up and report back on the trail conditions. So get ready a little early if your interested.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Dang it! It doesn't look like I'll have all of my parts in time to get the 40 running for this. But, Dee and I are going to come anyways in our Dodge SWB truck. It's locked and I have chains for all 4 if needed.

If anyone wants the info, here is the waypoint info to put into your GPS for the meetup spot: N39.80819 W105.53038

newbie wants to come!

Have room for 1 (maybe 2) more.Snow virgin wants to come play. Have capable rig (only locked in rear) OK driver willing to learn. Any suggestions other than coat,hat,boots,and gloves would be appreciated.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
there will be snow! lots of strapping today and powderpig and uncle ben pretty much declared that it would be a major winchfest just above the playground. we had four built 80s, my 80 and ken's 40 on 33s and it was definitely work to get to the playground. still lots of fun though;)

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
there will be snow! lots of strapping today and powderpig and uncle ben pretty much declared that it would be a major winchfest just above the playground. we had four built 80s, my 80 and ken's 40 on 33s and it was definitely work to get to the playground. still lots of fun though;)

Quite a bit higher than the playground. Right near the top where Nak led the Spooky night run onto Yankee is where things got real deep, real fast. The snow was very crystalline with a very thin crust. Chains would have helped down lower but up higher the bottom was much deeper than our tracks! Stock or mild vehicles will definitely have their hands full! We had a blast at the playground.....the drifts did not disappoint!

Gerdo

I'm guessing that the original info is still true?

Meeting Place: Cemetery area half mile above (west) of Central City-the normal spot. Pizza at Beau Jo's Pizza after the run.

Date: Saturday Jan. 3th, 2009
Time: 9:00 am
CB Channel 4 - Ham 146460
Will will air down and/or chain up (if your using chains) at the meeting place.