• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2009 Snow and Pizza Run Jan. 3rd

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Meeting Place: Cemetery area half mile above (west) of Central City-the normal spot. Pizza at Beau Jo's Pizza after the run.

Date: Saturday Jan. 3th, 2009
Time: 9:00 am
CB Channel 4 - Ham 146460
Will will air down and/or chain up (if your using chains) at the meeting place.

If it's a large group like normal. We will want a leader for a 2nd start time around 10am. (a "waist gunner"). Normal gunners with good radios will be needed also.

Be prepared to be trudging through lots and lots of snow, especially when you exit your stuck rig to hook up a strap. Gater's, snow suits, gortex or whatever - just be prepared to stay warm and dry. It can be really cold and windy. Make sure you have at least one strap and tow points available front and rear.

We will meet at Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs for Pizza after the run. Around 4-5 pm. The club will buy pizza and pop.

Attachments

• P1000166 (Small).JPG
    P1000166 (Small).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 412
Just wanted to ask....
i have been on this trail an know i can do it but what are the vehickle requirements? don't want to come out and drag everyone down with a stocker. Thanks.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Don't worry, this run is for everyone to come and have fun in the snow. The requirements are hard points on the vehicle to strap too front and rear.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Anyone need a passenger? I would like to go but need a vehicle.:eek:

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Can't wait, we'll be there with the doggies this time!!:thumb:

Glen

I'm planning on it. I can't wait. Two and a half weeks is soooooooo looooooonng. I wanna go this weekend also if I can carve out the time on Sunday.

i believe i have that covered. Unless something comes up we are there. Can't wait. Wish i could bring my pup. For those who know my wild pup Hanz we were told last week he has a Melinoma Tumor. (spelling?) Only 18 mo old. We are hoping he can spend the holidays with us but the Doc cant say. I was able to go up to Switzerland on sunday and he got to run and have some fun in the snow. It is day to day now. Need this trip to get the mind off of things. Can't wait.

One other thing. i know how to get to the meeting spot from the other side but not sure of how from the highway. Can someone PM me some directions from the north? Or if anyone coming from there want to caravan in that would work to. Thanks.

Kenny

Glen

i believe i have that covered. Unless something comes up we are there. Can't wait. Wish i could bring my pup. For those who know my wild pup Hanz we were told last week he has a Melinoma Tumor. (spelling?) Only 18 mo old. We are hoping he can spend the holidays with us but the Doc cant say. I was able to go up to Switzerland on sunday and he got to run and have some fun in the snow. It is day to day now. Need this trip to get the mind off of things. Can't wait.

One other thing. i know how to get to the meeting spot from the other side but not sure of how from the highway. Can someone PM me some directions from the north? Or if anyone coming from there want to caravan in that would work to. Thanks.

Kenny
Geez, sorry to hear about your pup. I hope things go very well under the circumstances.

Coming from north or south, you're probably still best off just taking I-70 West to the Central City Parkway exit 243. Map Link You could go through Boulder and then go south at Nederland tanking Hwy 119 but it's a lot slower.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Sorry to hear about the pooch Kenny, that's a real bummer I know. But you've been here before, 'member? This is where we aired up after the spooky night run. ;)

Thanks gang. Going to be tough since we lost our other pup after 19 years 6 months ago. He was to soften the blow.

I remember where it is just that i only know how to get there from the top from Kingston. I don't remember the route threw town. Old age. Don't remember the first thing syndrome. Coming out is all a blur. Even a few weeks after when i was there. Got lost in central city. And i did not gamble. I think taking 70 is best just forget where to go when i get to Central City. Does anyone know what road the Cemetary is off of? i may be able to just use the navigator. Thanks again.

Kenny

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i posted the info on the horsetooth sight.

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
from the CC parkway just go all the way into town until it dead ends, then you go left(up the hill) and the cemetary is about a mile and a half up the road.

Glen

It's right here where Upper Apex and Columbine Campground Rd meet.

Central City Parkway turns into Nevada, Nevada turns into Spring, Left on Lawrence, Lawrence turns into Eureka, Eureka Turns into Upper Apex.

It's ridiculous to give directions in this town but if you look at a map it's really pretty easy. Follow Central City Parkway into town where it dead ends into a three way intersection, left on Lawrence, and keep going until you see the clearing where we air down.

Thanks Glen and J Kimmel. Sorry if i am ridiculous. Just seem to remember more turns than that. I see the meeting spot in my head and how i got there but not how i left. It is how i left that i need to remember. Thanks again, can't wait.

Glen

I'm not sure where we will end since Yankee may not be passable where the trees get thick, it might be just to deep, and others might take a route different than I know. If we do end up on the Saint Mary's Glacier side though You will end up here. You just follow Fall River Road back to I-70.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Littleton, eh? Welcome! What is your rig?

Just to let you know, SOUTH SIDERS RULE!!!
:lmao:

I should be able to make this one. Unless I treat my wife to a romantic night at a hotel downtown... decisions, decisions... :confused: