• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

2009 Snow and Pizza Run Jan. 3rd

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Does anyone have the GPS coordinates for the meetup spot saved?

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Hi. I'm new to Rising Sun. Glen forwarded this thread to me and I'm interested. Hopefully things (work and personal life) will allow me to make it.

Excellent! Another modified 3rd Gen. - Welcome.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Anyone done a prerun? How deep is the snow? hmmm.

Come prepared, bring a real shovel, be interactive with the group and you'll learn some new tricks and have a lot of fun! Come in tennis shoes and a hoodie and your vehicle's tires are worn out your going to be miserable!

BTW.....you're going to get stuck.....thats the fun of it! :thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Anyone mind if my son comes? He drives a vehicle that looks somewhat like a FJ40 except it's built by an american company.

more the merrier

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Anyone mind if my son comes? He drives a vehicle that looks somewhat like a FJ40 except it's built by an american company.

All are welcome, but remember, none of us Toyota guys are going to be carrying parts or tools that will work for his rig if he breaks. No room in your runner?

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
This Is Going To Be Big!!!!!!!!!!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I think Martin's just being cautious...we had a Jeep break on this Snow and Pizza Run, luckily he was close enough to drag his junk onto a trailer and get home.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
yep, a Land Cruiser broke on the S/P run in 2006 but they had the tools/skills to repair it :)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
If you're running chains, make sure you put them on tightly enough. I had a friend help me by doing the chains on 2 tires on the 2006 S/P run. Guess which one was installed too loosely, broke and destroyed my emergency brake cable? :mad:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Speaking of chains, does anyone have some that would fit 34x10.50-15 I could borrow or purchase?? :)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
you just need to run lower pressure Martin, chains are for weenies :rolleyes:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
you just need to run lower pressure Martin, chains are for weenies :rolleyes:

Since my tires don't change shape at 0 psi, thought I'd give chains a try.

I was going to bring the minitruck, but I don't have any recovery points on the rear yet. :hill: