Winch Bumper

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Can you drill your own holes to mount lights? I guess that's not really a big deal, but I would like to swing by sometime and check out the bumper. pm me your address and we'll work out a time. Thanks!

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Can you drill your own holes to mount lights? I guess that's not really a big deal, but I would like to swing by sometime and check out the bumper. pm me your address and we'll work out a time. Thanks!

Anything is possible :D

Ideas I've bantered about:
  1. Have some light tabs welded to the hoop
  2. Mount lights to the bumper using the middle top bumper bolt hole (you can see the bolt in the first picture you posted of the bumper) - There are 5 bolts per side holding the bumper on so I was thinking that it might be ok to use one of the holes for lights :confused: - Have to be short lights like PIAA 540s or similar though to fit
  3. Wes mentioned using that middle bolt and fab a bracket off of it to mount lights too - this would space the lights back, keep the bolt in the bumper, and should allow you to run bigger lights
  4. Have some light tabs welded to my brush guard dealyo
I'll have to find the pictures of the Cruiser that I "borrowed" my front end design from and post some up.

PM on the way as well

Edit: Added pics of the rig I patterned some of my 40 build up stuff after

Attachments

• Final-2 (Medium).jpg
    Final-2 (Medium).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Final-1 (Medium).jpg
    Final-1 (Medium).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Final-6 (Medium).jpg
    Final-6 (Medium).jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Final-7 (Medium).jpg
    Final-7 (Medium).jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Final-8 (Medium).jpg
    Final-8 (Medium).jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Anything is possible :D

[*]Mount lights to the bumper using the middle top bumper bolt hole (you can see the bolt in the first picture you posted of the bumper) - There are 5 bolts per side holding the bumper on so I was thinking that it might be ok to use one of the holes for lights :confused: - Have to be short lights like PIAA 540s or similar though to fit

I think we got ideas here: I would probably try to fab some kind of bracket to span the middle bolt you're talking about and the bolt furthest inboard; mounting a light that's in the center of those two bolts would give pretty good aesthetics and provide for a larger light. Probably be more robust too. Ideas ideas...I'll check it out.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Matt...added pics to post #22

Hope they help...gotta love the bumper sticker :D