• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Wheel Bearing Packing Party

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Sheba, I really enjoyed your shots on your picasa page, so then I visited your web site and blog. My god you're talented!

Being ever so inquisitive, I did a quick search on DPO and read some of your recent articles, and of course your award-winning one on cooking for one.

OBTW, thanks for the KFC too!

I still have some of my own snapshots to chop down and upload here, but would you consider posting some of your WBPP photos direct on this thread?

Question: After reading several of your articles in the Lifestyle section of the Post, I wondered where the ideas for the articles come from. Do you get assignments from your editor? Think them up yourself? Some combination? Something else? Your writing style makes what might be otherwise mundane subjects interesting.
Sheba, you really ought to consider writing for Toyota Trails. In fact, I'm surprised none of these cruiserheads have suggested it!

Well folks, we have a bona fide journalist in our ranks. How cool is THAT?!?

Great sig line too, just a suggestion. With apologies to 'O Brother Where Art Thou?'...
"I'm Bona Fide!"

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Definitely someone should write this up for Toyota Trails!

sleeoffroad

Hard Core 4+
Thanks to those that showed up and also thanks for making sure Joe's shop was nice and clean when all was done. Never thought I would see a lawyer behind a mop :D

I think the event turned out great and it ended up being what we wanted it to be " Newbies wrenching and learning, and the old timers can heckle".

:D

the more I think about it, the more I realize now that going to the party helped me quell some of my fears! Being able to see other newbies working on their rigs, using their manuals and getting help from others let me know I'm not alone in my learning process. The anal part of my nature really enjoyed the detail-oriented process of getting all the steps correct, lining up your pieces so they don't get losts etc. etc. I just dug the whole thing and I can't wait to learn more. Thanks everyone for allowing me this chance to see cruisers in action. I think I can do this!

Wow...thank you everyone for your encouragement regarding my writing and photography. To answer your questions, my stories at the Denver Post are a combination of my own ideas as well as assignments given to me by my editor or story ideas from readers and other sources. Several of my friends on Colorado 4X4.org said I might consider sending some work to a trail magazine and that it might help my own learning process too.

What is Toyota Trails?

and Jeff, which images would you like me to post up directly to the thread. I took so many and I didn't want to clog up the thread with em.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Oh, I see. I didn't even look at the title of the magazines...I was too busy reading the articles! hehehe

Or just looking at the pictures. :lmao:

wesintl

RS Moderator
oh yeah Wes, I want you to know that I was warned on Saturday....and you CANNOT have my hubcaps!

:eek:You should be worried more about those that warned you than me though...:rolleyes: :hill:

basically I've been told to say "No" to any requests for any parts of my rig, and "No" to any trade requests either.

I don't have any children, but I'll be damned if my chest didn't swell with pride the more people told me about my FJ40 and how rare it is. It makes me more determined to keep her stock. I could buy a newer FJ40 and build the heck outta that one...but this one will stay as close to stock as I can keep her.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Thanks to those that showed up and also thanks for making sure Joe's shop was nice and clean when all was done. Never thought I would see a lawyer behind a mop :D

I think the event turned out great and it ended up being what we wanted it to be " Newbies wrenching and learning, and the old timers can heckle".

:D

Major thanks to Ricardo and Daniel for manning the mops!!!

And thanks again Christo, without your help this wouldn't have happened this year!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I think I can do this!

If Yan can cook, so can you :)

and Jeff, which images would you like me to post up directly to the thread. I took so many and I didn't want to clog up the thread with em.

All of them are GREAT, and there aren't that many. You can upload 5 per post, limit 150kB/ea IIRC. Goodness knows I must have shared a hundred when I did my engine refresh and 4 speed conversion thread.

Happy cruisin'!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
More snapshots:

(1) Ricardo makes sure there's enough grease in his knuckle.

(2) Daniel works on compressing his rear caliper piston.

(3) Sheba shows off Matt's nicely cleaned wheel bearing.

(4) Timm says "you want me to clean WHAT?"

(5) Steve, Christo and Matt enjoy some pizza.

Attachments

• WBPP200811.jpg
    WBPP200811.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 201
  • WBPP200812.jpg
    WBPP200812.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 213
  • WBPP200813.jpg
    WBPP200813.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 208
  • WBPP200814.jpg
    WBPP200814.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 195
  • WBPP200815.jpg
    WBPP200815.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 175

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
More photos:

(1)Timm ponders how all the sh!t is supposed to line up for the eight bolts that hold the spindle to the knuckle on his LX450.

(2) We were blessed with nice weather. Ricardo. Marcos and Martin snarf some pizza.

(3) Matt's got a million dollar smile as he re-torques his caliper bolts.

Attachments

• WBPP200816.jpg
    WBPP200816.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 185
  • WBPP200817.jpg
    WBPP200817.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 189
  • WBPP200818.jpg
    WBPP200818.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 193

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I always love being photgraphed standing next to Christo. d'oh!
Rock, Chalk Jayhawks!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!