• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Wheel Bearing Packing Party

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
A huge THANK YOU to everyone who came! We had a great time, ran a bit over on time but everyone got their jobs done. And a SUPER HUGE THANK YOU to Christo for hosting!

Photos coming up shortly, as soon as I cut them down to fit :)

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Also, huge thank yous to Bruce and Steve for helping mentor, and even though she wasn't planning on it, Ige helped teach as well!

In the first photo, Ricardo is pulling his drum front from his 71 FJ40.

Second photo, Lief Snapp Cook is work on his 40.

Third, Daniel Markofsky grins as he works on his FZJ80 rear.

Fourth, Bill Morgan does a knuckle job on the Red Chili.

Fifth, Matt Ralston is working on his 76 FJ40.

Attachments

• WBPP200801.jpg
    WBPP200801.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 348
  • WBPP200802.jpg
    WBPP200802.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 435
  • WBPP200803.jpg
    WBPP200803.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 349
  • WBPP200804.jpg
    WBPP200804.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 346
  • WBPP200805.jpg
    WBPP200805.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 340

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Thank you Jeff and Christo and everyone else for making this a success! Looks like you had a ton of fun and it was a great learning experience for everyone in attendance!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Thank you Jeff and Christo and everyone else for making this a success! Looks like you had a ton of fun and it was a great learning experience for everyone in attendance!
Thank YOU Matt for getting the ball rolling! You put a lot of time and effort into making this happen!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
(1) Lief's got his knuckles pretty clean , but trying to decide if they're clean enough.

(2) Ricardo's birf, balls and cage are spotless and ready for reassembly.

(3) Steve consults the manual on reassembling Ricardo's birf.

(4) Matt has some pretty grungy wheel bearings! Good thing they're getting cleaned and repacked!

(5) Lief repacks his knuckles.

Attachments

• WBPP200809.jpg
    WBPP200809.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 335
  • WBPP200808.jpg
    WBPP200808.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 330
  • WBPP200807.jpg
    WBPP200807.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 326
  • WBPP200806.jpg
    WBPP200806.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 324
  • WBPP200810.jpg
    WBPP200810.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 329

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Christo for letting us spend the day at your shop! Thanks Jeff and Matt for getting it together!!!

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Thank you to a bunch of people. Our organizers and hosts were excellent. The mentors were busy all day long. And at various points throughout the day I had a chance to say hi to between 20 and 30 of the club members. That is an impressive turn out. :risingsun

I learned a bunch, but just as important as the learning my confidence in my truck and my skills/ability to take care of it jumped allot higher yesterday.

On the tools end of things - Leif, I appreciate you letting me hold onto your 12mm 1/2 inch socket all day and Ige the 52mm socket was like gold. I have someones wire cutting pliers (black handle) - check to see if you are missing yours.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
What makes that event so great is the number of people that show up just to help the rest of us. Thanks to all of you that gave up your Saturday to help me out in one way or another.

What I enjoyed most about Saturday was hearing Jeff Zepp say at least twice "I've never seen that before" in reference to my truck.:)

Good to meet some new guys and gals, and see a lot of other familiar faces.

And a VERY special thanks to Christo for loaning out his shop, and Jeff Zepp for your tireless work throughout the day, bouncing from one rig to the next, fielding multiple questions at once, loaning out your tools, and taking time to pass along some of your knowledge to the rest of us.

For me, it was a great day. May my chromed hub covers RIP!:cheers:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I have someones wire cutting pliers (black handle) - check to see if you are missing yours.

Probably mine. Textured rubberized handle? Speaking of wayward tools, someone left a hub socket behind, which I snagged. Black steel with reinforcement around the business end...

It was cool meeting a bunch of club members in a non-wheeling setting, and it was especially cool to see how willing everyone is to help out. Thanks to RicardoJM and Jacket for letting me beat on their rigs, glad to see you've both posted since you left Slee. You must have made it home okay... :D Can't wait to go on a run with y'all, and thanks to Christo for letting us invade his space for the day.

Thanks,
Cale

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Anyone pick up a sledgehammer? Black head, yellow plastic (short) body.

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Those are great pics. What camera and editing software do you use?:)

Thank you! I use a Canon Rebel XTi and I think I was using my Canon 16-35 mm wide angle. I just did some quick retouching in Photoshop CS3.

Everyone was so into their work that it was easy to get some good shots. But I think I had more fun helping Matt remove his chrome!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Thank you! I use a Canon Rebel XTi and I think I was using my Canon 16-35 mm wide angle. I just did some quick retouching in Photoshop CS3.

Everyone was so into their work that it was easy to get some good shots. But I think I had more fun helping Matt remove his chrome!

Sheba, I really enjoyed your shots on your picasa page, so then I visited your web site and blog. My god you're talented!

Being ever so inquisitive, I did a quick search on DPO and read some of your recent articles, and of course your award-winning one on cooking for one.

OBTW, thanks for the KFC too!

I still have some of my own snapshots to chop down and upload here, but would you consider posting some of your WBPP photos direct on this thread?

Question: After reading several of your articles in the Lifestyle section of the Post, I wondered where the ideas for the articles come from. Do you get assignments from your editor? Think them up yourself? Some combination? Something else? Your writing style makes what might be otherwise mundane subjects interesting.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Probably mine. Textured rubberized handle? Speaking of wayward tools, someone left a hub socket behind, which I snagged. Black steel with reinforcement around the business end...
That would be mine. Wondered where it went.