• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Wheel Bearing Packing Party

_MG_6461.jpg

_MG_6463.jpg

_MG_6464.jpg

_MG_6465.jpg

_MG_6469.jpg

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I wonder if this would make an interesting article in the DPO?
Especially if you emphasized our environmental commitments and some of the projects we do and have done.

You have a photographic artist's eye. There is just *something* extra about every photograph you take, something in the expression, something in the framing, you almost catch the atmosphere.

I just snap pictures... :lmao: :hill:

Thank you! I wish I could see them the way you and others do. I don't know...I guess we are our own worst critics. All I can see when I look at some of these is that some are out of focus no matter how much I tried to sharpen them, the lighting is off in some, etc. etc.

Plus, after reading some of Ige's articles, I think she should be lead writer! She's got a natural gift plus the knowledge and experience about what she's writing about. If she does the writing, I will take the photos!

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Thank you! I wish I could see them the way you and others do. I don't know...I guess we are our own worst critics. All I can see when I look at some of these is that some are out of focus no matter how much I tried to sharpen them, the lighting is off in some, etc. etc.

I noticed you cropped each one individually, that is an artist's touch in this automated world. One thing I've learned in this day and age of photochop, is that you still can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, basically the composition and general exposure still has to be decent to have something to work with. But if the shot is exceptional from the git-go then it makes it easy. Your unedited photos on the picasa page were exceptional to begin with, but when you posted them up here they made me feel like I was right there.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Isn't it funny how the guy who waxes his truck every day is spotless doing a bearing pack:D

It is a beautiful truck though with a nice custom sticker

_MG_6481.jpg

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Isn't it funny how the guy who waxes his truck every day is spotless doing a bearing pack:D

It is a beautiful truck though with a nice custom sticker

_MG_6481.jpg

No :homer:! Heck you can even see your reflection on the freaking jack stand! That just ain't right! :p: :rolleyes::bowdown:
chilipepper.gif

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Plus, after reading some of Ige's articles, I think she should be lead writer! She's got a natural gift plus the knowledge and experience about what she's writing about. If she does the writing, I will take the photos!

thanks, but for me, certain article/stories come to me....and they are few and far between. you happen to read one that "worked"...most don't;)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
thenimirra, don't shoot yourself down. Lots of room to shine in our club!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
There is a theory in physics that a certain form of dark energy, which we shall call the MMx3 component, cannot be destroyed or transformed into energy, but merely moved from one point to another.

The MMx3 component (Messiness Magnified x3) has moved from my truck to my (new) garage, which is an absolute pit.

I am looking for victims who are willing to be MMx3 magnets. Squishy has helped by taking some of his MMx3 to his new apartment, though we have created more by starting a 22RE light overhaul.

I will have to see if UB wants a tiller (of sufficient capability that we have named it "Attiller the Hun") and a weed whacker (decimator is a better word, with steel blades) capable of felling small trees.

I have an Engnbldr 22RE head to buy. Shortly after that I will have a functioning MMx3 transport conduit. (pickup)

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
There is a theory in physics that a certain form of dark energy, which we shall call the MMx3 component, cannot be destroyed or transformed into energy, but merely moved from one point to another.

Heh

Thread hijack:

My wife comes home tonight. Looks at the whiteboard and reads what I scribbled.

"Honey, what's a Higgins Boson?"

I reply, "Oh just the holy grail of quantum physicists. Higgins came up with the equations to explain how matter has mass back in the 1960s. Now that they're getting ready to fire up that new accelerator in Switzerland in a couple months, they might be able to prove the existence of Higgins Bosons and sew up that theory nicely."

She thinks I'm weird. When I was enthralled with a discovery channel special on the search for absolute zero she asked me "What's the temperature of absolute zero?". Without a pause I replied "minus 273.15 degrees Celsius". Then she looked me in the eyes and said "You're a FREAK!". She was kidding of course. I think.

But physics help us understand a lot of things about our Land Cruisers, from how metal treatment does so many things for so many applications, to how taking a certain line works for your tires and wheelbase but doesn't work for the next rig.

At the next Wheel Bearing Packing Party, we should have a tank of LN2 and dunk all our stuff in there for club-sponsored cryo-party. Yeah...