• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

what do you think about this 80?

isotel

Ok, i looked at it today.. Birfs where replaced recently, and good to go, The engine runs like a top, Tranny feels fine.. Cloth interior is in good shape.. The paint is a respray, small scratches and dents on it. Rear Brakes Rotors/Calipers/pads are brand new. the guy lives in Castle Pines and has keep it garaged, and whenever something went wrong he fixed it. the drivers window has a bit of an issue going up..

Talked him down to $4000, and gave him some cash to hold onto it! Whatcha guys think? ill post some photos when i get home!, If i dont pick it up, FJBen has first dibs, and anyone elce after that.
This was posted on Craigslist yesterday at 9:00 am and he got 20 e-mails on it in one day!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like a good deal Trevor.

Expect you will be visiting the 80's section on Mud. You can add factory or ARB lockers at any time

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Birfs where replaced recently...Rear Brakes Rotors/Calipers/pads are brand new. the guy lives in Castle Pines and has keep it garaged, and whenever something went wrong he fixed it.

Nice bonuses :thumb:

The paint is a respray, small scratches and dents on it.

Personal preference on this...

The drivers window has a bit of an issue going up...

On my '97 LX450 a new window motor ran ~$500 installed :eek:. Motor alone was ~$300 IIRC. Might just be the switch, but if it is a 'slow' up deal then it is probably the motor.

Talked him down to $4000.

Seems reasonable but what do I know...

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
The slow up down problem is common and is any easy cheap fix. Several threads about this on mud and typically not the motor.

isotel

Romer, you da man when it comes to the FAQ and 80 section, Yes i will be on there alot.. Did some reading last night, and you do a top rate job keeping everything organized and neat..

The window goes up fine till it gets 75% of the way up, then it stops, and you have to push it up with your hand, then once it gets past that point it goes all the way, im thinking it has something to do with the stop's or track being off.. (funny story, while i was test driving it i got my fingers stuck in the window, then it would not go back down, and i could not pull my hand out, kinda hurt too ;))

anyone have a suggestion to getting a $4000 loan? lol Car loan may not work due to the age and milage of the truck.. Personal loan?

Trevor

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Do you own your house? Can you get a LOC?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
The slow up down problem is common and is any easy cheap fix. Several threads about this on mud and typically not the motor.

:eek: Now you tell me :lmao:

For me it was a warranty issue so my cost was nothing for a new motor but good to know next time any of them go south. Mine wasn't a slow mover but a no mover issue, other than down.

isotel

Photos of the 93

here are some photos i took

Still working on a loan :confuse2:

The Flares are jacked on both sides, im contemplating if i want to take them off, or spray them..

Trevor

Attachments

• Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN0454.jpg
    DSCN0454.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 179
  • flare damage.jpg
    flare damage.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 190

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Take them off they are not needed :thumb:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Seems like a pretty good deal to me. The back hatch looks like it might be a replacement from a '97 -- I think the '97 model was the only one that had the Toyota emblem centered under the window.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Looks good Trevor. I personally like the flares. I have seen people duraline the flares instead of painting them and that looks pretty cool.

I just bought a spra can of my matching paint and touch them up when needed.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Looks like a nice truck! I don't like the looks of the flares but I do like the protection they offer. I have "touched" my flares several times and I have no doubt they saved my sheet metal! A little touch up paint and your good to go!!!!

:bowdown: :kevin: :cheers: ;)

FJBen

sounds like a good deal a little spit and polish and she's good to go.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
damn! an 80 with a latte and a full tank of gas included? perfect!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Cloth interior, too!

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Looks like a nice truck! I don't like the looks of the flares but I do like the protection they offer. I have "touched" my flares several times and I have no doubt they saved my sheet metal! A little touch up paint and your good to go!!!!

:bowdown: :kevin: :cheers: ;)

Lose the flares - that's a good 5-6 inches of width that wants to "touch" things on a rig that's already too wide :D

It's a totally different look, though.

Attachments

• Spring Creek Garden.JPG
    Spring Creek Garden.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 152

isotel

yea i am not sure what to do, id like to take them off, but i don't know if they will look good on a stock truck.. I totally love the way they look with 35's though..

damn! an 80 with a latte and a full tank of gas included? perfect!

Nice, i love the Full Tank of Gas, ill be switching from a 22re :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, its not the cleanest truck, and if you get up close you can see quite a bit of small scratches