• Hey Guest, the Expo is TODAY!
    ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

what do you think about this 80?

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Thanks guys, its not the cleanest truck, and if you get up close you can see quite a bit of beauty marks

Fixed it for you :)

You'd be hard pressed to find an older, dark color vehicle, without it's share of beauty marks. My black '97 LX450 looks great from about 2 feet...Get up close though and you can see the brush scratches, areas where it appears the PO used a shovel to remove snow from the hood, etc. Some a good detailing might take care of...The rest? Well, those are the beauty marks :thumb:

isotel

Yep, im not worried about it, My Current DD is a 89 4runner with Rust all over it, Hood and Fender are white, the rest of the truck is red, the hardtop is pink from being faded.. Tailgate is dented to crap, front clip is off of newer truck.. lol

This should be a nice upgrade..

isotel

OK, this truck is still up for grabs, (the green 93)
FJben went and looked at it, but after having newer 80's his wife did not like the cloth, and shape that the truck is in..
$4000 Gets the truck.. I drove it a bit,engine and tranny feel fine! the Birfs are new, shocks seemed ok, muffler was replaced recently with a flowmaster.. Rear Disks are brand new! something may be up with the abs, or Master cylinder..but the trucks drives good..

Issues that i saw that could be fixed
Drivers window stops on roll up and needs a push to go all the way up
brakes felt a little messed up, maybe they system was not bled properly
Paint shows 220k miles worth of wear and tear, but from 10 feet looks great!
minor things, like a missing fuse box cover..

all and all, this truck would be a great wheeler for someone wanting an 80! Its not supper clean, but who cares if your going to take it up to the mountains and beat on it.. you could build this into one bad ass 80 for under 10k!

Please PM me if you are interested and ill pass along the contact info!.. The owner is out of town till next week..