Wanted: trail leaders for Cruise Moab 2007

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Every year we do things a little better. For CM 2007, we'd like to get our trail leaders lined up earlier.

Post to this thread if you would be willing to lead a trail or two at CM2007. Please post which trail(s) you are willing to lead, and on which days.

Trails are run on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Name: Matt Farr

Trails I am willing to lead:
Thursday: Fins & Things
Friday: none
Saturday: Elephant Hill or other trail.

Could also lead: Steel Bender, Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Great stuff! Matt, please tell me if I got this all right (and I'll update) but this needs to be clear to everyone..

Requirements for being a trail leader
1. Must be committed to attending Cruise Moab 2007, May 2-6 in Moab UT.
2. Must have a vehicle that's capable enough to run the trail, and in good working order, and a CB.
3. Must be familiar with the trail you'd like to lead... meaning you've run it at least a couple times, know the major obstacles, are pretty confident you won't get lost, etc.
4. Must be responsible enough to look out for the well being and best interest of up to 20 other vehicles & their passengers while on the trail, including getting everyone to sign the forms, make sure no one gets separated, make decisions if someone were to break down, etc. Yes, some training will be involved here.
5. Must be committed to returning your packet of info, portable toilet, and spill kit back to the CM committee after your run that day.

Benefits of being a trail leader
1. You will be oh, so cool, the envy of everyone else at the event and beyond. :cool:
2. You get to be "boss" out on the trail. This may include spotting, recovery situations, when & where to eat lunch, and more! It's your trail.
3. You'll get to know the people on your run, and the people who put together Cruise Moab in a whole new way. It really is a different experience and perspective to be a leader. :thumb:
4. You will automatically be entered in the Leader-Gunner raffle, eligible to win a special prize offered only to trail leaders & gunners.
5. You will receive some other cool, CM-specific gifts as thanks for trail leading.
6. You will receive $20 cash for every trail you lead.

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I tried leading Metal Masher, didn't go so well.

However I am willing to tailgun/waistgun any trail as needed. Esp. Elephant Hill.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I know this isn't a commitment, but In will be able to give you one around March, If I can get out there a day or so early and pre-run, I could lead Gold Bar or some other 3+, 4 trail. If I can't get out early enough to pre-run, then I will be happy to gun any trail.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
If I can stick to my timeline on the 40 (doing good so far) I will be happy to lead Pritchett. Like old times eh? ;) Sooooo... can't commit yet but you can pencil me in. :rolleyes:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Uncle Ben said:
If I can stick to my timeline on the 40 (doing good so far) I will be happy to lead Pritchett. Like old times eh? ;) Sooooo... can't commit yet but you can pencil me in. :rolleyes:

We don't use pencils, Uncle B.. just a chisel & BFH. :lmao: Now get that 40 done.. ;) How about Thursday, can I ride shotgun?

edit: Oh, and I'm good for leading Kane Creek on Friday, and Wipeout Hill on Saturday. :)

Last edited:

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Trail Leaders

I am willing to lead:
Kane Creek
Metal Masher

Could also lead CliffHanger , Hell's Revenege or Poisen Spyder
Dan

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Thanks, Dan! Do you have a day preference for each trail? Feel free to be as specific as you want.. :thumb:

Cheeseman

Rising Sun Member
Cheeseman here, As always I will lead Elephant Hill on Thursday. After that put me where you want me. Careful with that.

Greg
________
Bondage handcuff

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
nakman said:
How about Thursday, can I ride shotgun?

Thursday is fine. I could do a Golden Spike run too if ya need. Saturday is mine....all mine!

Oh, baby, baby, baby! It's Moab Rim for me! Pick the day.

This is my fourth week in Ireland, and I still have this week and next week here, but after this, I'll be done. I think I'd like to be on Tech Inspection this year again, too!

Cheers!
Bob

Could lead Fins or Elephant hill any day, and gun most other trails.
By the way, has anybody run any of the trails, (esp. Kanes Creek) since the floods in Oct. I went to Arch Canyon, and there was no trail left, totally washed out.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Beachboy said:
Could lead Fins or Elephant hill any day, and gun most other trails.
By the way, has anybody run any of the trails, (esp. Kanes Creek) since the floods in Oct. I went to Arch Canyon, and there was no trail left, totally washed out.

No but sounds like fun, we ran a lot of washed out trails on the Outlaws Run:thumb:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
I'll lead anything but moab rim.

Tech inspection was cool, I'll gladly do it again, though only one day/shift.

moab rim was the only trail besides elephant hill I had never done, and will never do again (at least in an overweight 80)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
We're in

I think Emilee and I would be happy workin tech again.
I will also lead anything rated 4 or below. Whatever is needed.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
As I promised to do, I have compiled a listing of all the leaders we have had over the last 3 years. These are based on leader assignments prior to the event. I realize that there was some switching around on-site, but I do not have that data handy. I can't seem to find anything prior to 2004, it may have ended up on a different computer. But this gives us a good starting point. This is leaders only, it does not include gunners, as gunners are a lot easier to recruit.

I made two separate sheets: One organized by leader name, the other by trail. On the latter, it is easy to see where we are thin on available leaders.

I added the comments made in this thread where people have written that they would be willing to lead certain trails. Going forward, I will update this from time to time, and use it as a basis for leader assignments. As always, the committee is expected to handle as much of the leading as possible, followed by Rising Sun members and Wasatch members.

Attachments

• CM Leaders - Name.pdf
    10.4 KB · Views: 512
  • CM Leaders - Trail.pdf
    22.2 KB · Views: 547

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Jeff you can put me down for wipe-out or Gold Bar as willing to lead. I have run them both before. There are others I could do as well, getting out there on Sunday will give me a chance to pre-run.

Shorty

Oh, boy, MOAB!!!

I can lead any of the following:
Moab Rim
Fins n Things
Cliff Hanger
Hell's Revenge (preferred)
Kane Creek Canyon
Poison Spider
Steel Bender

I could gun on any of the trails.

I would REALLY like to gun (or at least run) Behind the Rocks.:thumb: