FREE Verbatim DVD-R discs

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Anyone have used for an entire stack of Verbatim DVD-R discs? Maybe you’re opening a museum?

IMG_5319.jpeg

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Can you still buy these? This is like finding buried treasure!!!

No, don't want them.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Can you still buy these? This is like finding buried treasure!!!

No, don't want them.
It has a $25.99 retail value on Amazon!

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I should have asked. I just threw away a similar looking stack in the trash.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Haha. Those are ready for the museum!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Hey, as a soon-to-be fossil, I resemble that remark. I still use burnables, CD-R more though, believe it or not. I trade bootleg shows and they are sometimes formatted to fit audio CDs as a default. So if you want to send them by the U.S. Mail that's how it's done. Yes, a lot of us still don't have Internet service where uploading or hosting tons of GB-sized FLACs in RAR files is practical. DVD-Rs, yeah, not so much.

PVCsnorkel

Lifted
DVDs and CDs make good BB gun targets. My dad used to keep a stack of useless ones in the barn just for target practice.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hey, as a soon-to-be fossil, I resemble that remark. I still use burnables, CD-R more though, believe it or not. I trade bootleg shows and they are sometimes formatted to fit audio CDs as a default. So if you want to send them by the U.S. Mail that's how it's done. Yes, a lot of us still don't have Internet service where uploading or hosting tons of GB-sized FLACs in RAR files is practical. DVD-Rs, yeah, not so much.
Next time I come to GJ they are yours!
I'll be passing through later this month to and from KOH, so maybe then.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I could use 'em too, maybe Dave and I could split them? I got a USB turntable for Christmas and I still play CDs in my studio and living room. They're higher quality than MP3s.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I could use 'em too, maybe Dave and I could split them? I got a USB turntable for Christmas and I still play CDs in my studio and living room. They're higher quality than MP3s.
i think i have an unopen sleeve of these at home. i'll look for them when i get home. all yours if i have them

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Reminds me that I have wanted to get my hands on a USB turntable and rip my LPs too.
But for sure I don't need 100 and it would be nice to see you!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I wasn't clear, I don't really need DVDs. I could use a sleeve of CD-Rs, though. You should take these if you can use them.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@Inukshuk if you’re trying to convert LPs to a digital format, I’d suggest getting a dedicated audio interface, something like the Universal Audio Apollo or SSL2. Something small and just stereo in/out. Going off a gut feeling here, but the converters in a stand-alone interface are sure to be much higher quality than whatever is tacked onto a consumer-grade turntable. My $0.02 as a former and sometimes audio engineer.

FYI depending on what $$ you want to spend, there’s stuff in the <$100 range (M-Audio, IK Multimedia, or dare I say it Behringer), or in the $1k-$3k range (Lynx, RME). The two mentioned above are in the $500-1000 range.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I was under the impression that DVD-RW can be burned as CD-RW also.
Not the same. It would depend on your CD or DVD player as what will work, though. I use a vintage (1994!) NEC Multispin as my audio CD transport. It has absolutely no idea what to do with DVDs, the laser pre-dates DVD so the wavelength and tracking are a complete mystery to it. It's even temperamental about many rewriteable CD-RW so as a result I make and ask for CD-R and not CD-RW or DVD-R/+R/-RW/+RW.

IMG_3461_mid.jpg

Last edited:

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Reminds me that I have wanted to get my hands on a USB turntable and rip my LPs too.
But for sure I don't need 100 and it would be nice to see you!
I have a record player like that if you want to borrow it. I think I still have it….. I’ll look

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@Inukshuk I got busy with life last night.... I'll look soon.

I do however have an unopened spool of DVD-R disks as well if anyone wants them

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I would be using a DVD/RW built into a PC that reads and writes DVDs, Data CDs and Audio CDs (I know audio is a little different format than data).