*UPDATED* 2nd Annual 80s Only Run! Now August 3!

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Me too please!

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
Missed this thread, please add us to the waitlist.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Title and first post updated. This run has been rescheduled for August 3,2024. I apologize for any inconvenience.

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
Wait list depending on school and 80 problems aligning…

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
So where are you guys gonna run? Too bad my timeline(7/21-8/1) for my visit back to CO this summer doesnt line up better. Would have loved to try to join/waitlist.

Curly

Rising Sun Member
If there's a large enough wait list, will a second group be considered?

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
So where are you guys gonna run? Too bad my timeline(7/21-8/1) for my visit back to CO this summer doesnt line up better. Would have loved to try to join/waitlist.
We’re tentatively planning to run the Gulches. I will update the first post with more information. Thanks.
If there's a large enough wait list, will a second group be considered?
I think that if the people on the waitlist would like to get together and run a different trail, then that would be cool. It would be a trail run, but unaffiliated with the 80s only run. The reason we have a limit on the number of rigs is because trails can easily become too crowded and it can cause lots of problems, both for us and for others using the trail.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We’re tentatively planning to run the Gulches. I will update the first post with more information. Thanks.

I think that if the people on the waitlist would like to get together and run a different trail, then that would be cool. It would be a trail run, but unaffiliated with the 80s only run. The reason we have a limit on the number of rigs is because trails can easily become too crowded and it can cause lots of problems, both for us and for others using the trail.
Could you do staggered start times? Space them out enough so they don’t catch up to one another, this is something I’ve implemented at Cruise Moab and it’s worked out quite well to accommodate larger groups.

Last edited:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
The idea with running the gulches would offer 3 close proximity trails that would could split our main group into 2 or 3 smaller groups and also offer some variable difficulty. The gulches are seeing a lot of trail traffic lately so keeping our group to a modest size on each trail might be the most manageable and responsible option for us.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
The idea with running the gulches would offer 3 close proximity trails that would could split our main group into 2 or 3 smaller groups and also offer some variable difficulty. The gulches are seeing a lot of trail traffic lately so keeping our group to a modest size on each trail might be the most manageable and responsible option for us.
I’ve never run the glitches so I’m not familiar with them, but if it’s like poison spider/golden spike and gold bar rim that can get tricky but still doable depending on the groups. Not always the best idea.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
I’ve never run the glitches so I’m not familiar with them, but if it’s like poison spider/golden spike and gold bar rim that can get tricky but still doable depending on the groups. Not always the best idea.
The gulches are all out and back trails with tight spots. The big problem I see with staggering group start times for these trails. We will still all catch up and become one large group.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
The gulches are all out and back trails with tight spots. The big problem I see with staggering group start times for these trails. We will still all catch up and become one large group.
Ya it can get tricky to do…. I was mainly looking at trying to limit the number of disappointed folks….

Telly

Rising Sun Member
It's been years since I've done the Gultches and recall that its a fun run. Bonus for me it's close to Monument. I'm second down on the wait list so fingers crossed I'll be able to attend.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Theres some really nice, big open spaces for dispersed camping around the gultches as well..Could easily turn it into a weekend thing. Either way, thatll be a fun, challenging, but not too crazy trail day full of recoveries. Stock 80 shouldnt have any issues getting through them with the front sway bar disconnected.