Trail leader training

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
I know this is short notice. I want to hold a almost full day of training next Sunday 10am-5pm. I want to see how many people want to do this and I will then post up where we will have it(say thursday or friday). If it is only a few people then we could have it at my house in Boulder(nice views, plenty of trees to play with, bathrooms, BBQ for lunch, etc. If it is a bigger group we need to find a open space area(parking lot that is not being used, greg is thinking about this). There is that park we had the RS picnic that one year along I70, not too crowded. It would be enough space to a bunch of people to do different things at the same time if needed.
What I was thinking to work on is winching skills and hand signals, SAFETY in all aspects. And anything else that comes up.
Post up thought on where we might have it if these two areas do not fit your thoughts. What would be a good area, good parking for all that come, a good area that we can work in 80-100 feet or more to set up rigging and such.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I am interested. Sundays are tough but I could make it if being a bit late is OK.

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Very interested. I'll submit a request for a hall pass. :)

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I'm not a CM trail leader, but if you don't mind and there's space, I'd like to come up.

Same here, Robbie. Learned good stuff yesterday at the WBPP and I'd like to learn more good stuff, especially from a Master! :bowdown:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I'd love to come but will still be on travel next Sunday.:(

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Apparently I am not a CM trail leader, but I would love to learn more from the master...will do my best to be there.

T

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Next Sunday is out for me. I'd love to learn at a future training session, Robbie.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Sunday is not the best day for me but I can try to be there and leave around 3 depending on location.

Saturday would be better but that is just me.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Next Sunday is out for me. I'd love to learn at a future training session, Robbie.

x2 - Just so you know there is interest in possible future sessions :thumb:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'll be there.

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
We would like to attend. Keep us posted on place and time.

Bruce & Barbara

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
would love to go...depends on where i am in deathwrench 2008

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
count me out for Sunday. not on the schedule to help with any trails at Moab, and need to work on the 80 to get ready for Moab. next time.

T

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Sorry I have been knee deep in Frames(art frames). I am still trying to figure out a place besides my home in boulder that may be more local to all and still provide a large space for us to work in (large as in enough for every one to park and for us to stretch out a winch cable and talk about situations and rigging. I will look today at a map for a couple of locations and post up this evening.
Unless we have suggestions from people that want to come. Most city and county parks are used lots on the weekend, but if you know of one that is not being used or is very big. Post it up. My house is a last choice as it is not central and some will have to drive a bit to get here(trying to make it somewhat convient for all). Where ever we work this out will need to have restrooms of some sort if in a area with homes.
Looking forward to this and we can have more this summer and into the fall. I would like to do some with a camping trip in mind as well. Lots of great overnighters in the hill to the west of us. Back to the grind stone. Later Robbie

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Place

Robbie,

You are welcome to use the parking lot at our business, close to the intersection of Highway 66 and Interstate 25, exit #243. There is plenty of room for vehicles and although we don't have big trees to strap to, we do have a 40 foot scrap metal rolloff dumpster that we could use. There are bathrooms in the building and three bar-b-que cookers as well. It's not very centrally located, but it's an option. Let us know.

Bruce & Barbara

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
As far as I'm concerned, since I'm only tagging along, I'll make it to where ever you need to go. If you need to postpone, ya gotta do what ya gotta. I'll work around the CM schedules.