For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
@Cruisertrash and honestly for a project 300ZX at that price I would expect it to be 92'-96' .
Also, this is how our convo went... Me - "Do you know what's wrong mechanically" him - "No, this is a project car" me - "Exactly, I want to know how big of a project" Him - "Sorry I can't hold everyone's hand" ... LMAO
WTF?!?!? I get it that selling stuff on any platform nowadays can be annoying from all of the dumb questions that get asked, but trying to get a full understanding of what is being purchased should be par for the course. I’m glad you asked the guy the questions and you handled it better than I would have. I’m not in tune to the Z market but I feel like a rolling chassis isn’t worth $5500. But a car that is in good shape and just needs some minor repairs, for sure.

People just constantly look for ways to be dicks.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
WTF?!?!? I get it that selling stuff on any platform nowadays can be annoying from all of the dumb questions that get asked, but trying to get a full understanding of what is being purchased should be par for the course. I’m glad you asked the guy the questions and you handled it better than I would have. I’m not in tune to the Z market but I feel like a rolling chassis isn’t worth $5500. But a car that is in good shape and just needs some minor repairs, for sure.

People just constantly look for ways to be dicks.
When we were looking for the 60 I talked to a guy who had one on craigslist. As soon as I started asking the right questions he quickly told me it was "too much car for me to handle" and raised his asking price 5k.

People are nuts. Covid broke half the nations brains and to clarify it has nothing to due to policitcal affiliation. People just went crazy.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Craiglist/FBM is full of people who just send out countless emails with zero followup so I can understand the response. Also a million fake check scammers.

Let's face it if any of you guys were really interested in the Z you'd schedule a time to go look at it and he'd probably give you the full history. When I get tired of CL people bothering me I just tell them my address and invite them to come over....they usually never show up.

zdlvus8r3g641.jpg

Last edited:

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Super clean and extremely well built 1979 Corona Wagon with 5spd in Littleton. It’s on Instagram, not on Marketplace, but close enough. Is it a deal? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder…

View attachment 117635
I was admiring this myself too. I’ve not come
across anything this nice in wagon form in 10 years of looking at Corona’s.

white wings

Hard Core 4+
I was admiring this myself too. I’ve not come
across anything this nice in wagon form in 10 years of looking at Corona’s.
Priced right for a quick flip on BAT!
(After some fun with it of course)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Teseven stainless fj40 tub for $6500 in Durango:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
There was a guy in the Chicago area who had built a whole new FJ40 in stainless back in the 90s. @nuclearlemon would probably know more. He was so unconcerned with rain and rust that he drilled holes in the floorboards to drain water accumulation when it rained. As I recall, it was much heavier than a regular FJ40.
ironically, his first name was guy. he had bought all the stainless panels at an auction and had them sitting in his shop (which he built himself) and decided to redo his rotten cruiser tub. he was good friend with marcus.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Might look at this one for a friend. Anyone know it?

HDavis

Hard Core 4+

I messaged the guy to see if he had the failed test and he said hadn't tried to plate it since 2021 and didn't save the fail test.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member

It looks like a really solid deal if it runs and drives as well as described. Maybe the failed emissions is a good bargaining chip?

mikedrom

Rising Sun Member
IMG_0435.png

Idk if we have many bimmer heads on here but there’s an 8 series on Dickensheet right now.