• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

For Sale Today's Facebook Marketplace Deals

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Saw this just now -- couldn't find a shareable link BUT all the info is in the text and it sounds like a yard sale free for all so maybe some of you front rangers can score some good deals on tools -- good luck

View attachment 110875
i was just looking at this add about 5 min ago.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Salvage triple locked lx450 at copart. Not really rebuildable but good for a parts truck.
ab3797d55eeb43f1a5dc9ef4caae31ef_ful.jpg

6836004c07524cf3b483e351f2371a56_ful.jpg

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Lol just happened to look at 3rd gen 4runners and noticed this little gem. https://www.copart.com/lot/56280502/2001-toyota-4runner-sr5-co-denver-south This was the first third gen I looked at when I was searching initially. They wanted 15k for it as some rinky dink used car lot. It's was VERY leaky and every bit of rubber on the suspensions was shot to hell and back. I got my 5 speed for less than half what they wanted for this. Funny that they are just letting it go to auction now ><

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Lol just happened to look at 3rd gen 4runners and noticed this little gem. https://www.copart.com/lot/56280502/2001-toyota-4runner-sr5-co-denver-south This was the first third gen I looked at when I was searching initially. They wanted 15k for it as some rinky dink used car lot. It's was VERY leaky and every bit of rubber on the suspensions was shot to hell and back. I got my 5 speed for less than half what they wanted for this. Funny that they are just letting it go to auction now ><
Looks like it's the same shop that's auctioning it through Copart.

Dangler

Wincher
I’d like a full float rear axle - too bad that lx got smacked there

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
So they are selling the whole truck? If this was at a junkyard, I would go pull the right front fender. Mine has a big rust hole. :(
Thats right, Copart is a third-party auctioneer that deals with mostly insurance claimed vehicles. This LX is owned by State Farm. I'm with you, I'd love that front bumper, the wheels and a few other things.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
69,000 miles

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I didn't realize they made the 300 series in this color. It looks a lot different in an overcast environment than a photo studio. This would be sweet to snag and build out. Looks like all the right parts are damaged for a front bumper build.
https://www.iaai.com/VehicleDetail/35782017~US
resizer

resizer

lexus-lx600-hwsi-1642528655.jpg

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
69,000 miles
If you click on the link there is a video of it running in the photos. Buttery smooth and the engine bay is very tidy.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
Also, it's interesting to see how this new platform looks in the front behind the bumper cover. The bumper mounts are super outboard, and that's a big intercooler/trans cooler? hanging out front.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
4500 dollar 71 40

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
LX450 in Breck

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
LX450 in Breck

Very interesting. I met that guy a few weeks ago and he was saying he had just bought it and was looking forward to adding ARBs. We chatted for a while and he seemed like a good guy. Wonder what changed.

It's definitely been wheeled quite a bit.

Is there a hole melted in the fan shroud?

Heckraiser

I texted with him today, gonna call again later tonight. He said he took it on one trip and it's just been sitting in storage since. Probably out of my budget for no lockers. Unless you guys want to buy the rear bumper, roof rack, RTT, drawers n' stuff for good money :eek: Once I take all the weight off it, the ironman suspension may be too much as well. Hmm.

@KC Masterpiece, did you check out the interior? Any funky smells? I'd consider it, but Breck is kind of a long haul to check out a truck that only marginally meets my wishlist. My wife asked if the guy lived in there based on the pictures 😄

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I texted with him today, gonna call again later tonight. Probably out of my budget for no lockers. Unless you guys want to buy the rear bumper, roof rack, RTT, drawers n' stuff for good money :eek: Once I take all the weight off it, the ironman suspension may be too much as well. Hmm.

@KC Masterpiece, did you check out the interior? Any funky smells? I'd consider it, but Breck is kind of a long haul to check out a truck that only marginally meets my wishlist. My wife asked if the guy lived in there based on the pictures 😄
I did not ask him if I could smell the vehicle interior. Seemed like that would have been a little too friendly. I'm also jaded as the interior of Imelda smells like multiple wet dogs.

In terms of living it it we did meet in the Murdochs parking lot and it looked like he and his buddy were returning from a hunting trip.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
This is the place for Facebook marketplace "deals" right?

Only a little above msrp! ;)

318472845_5851129958327397_2388004045930037192_n.jpg