Thornbirds, 35X12.5 x15

5 THORNBIRDS 4 SALE - HALF price!
On my FJ40:
i-2.jpg

5 Thornbirds, 35x12.5 -15LT, very little use, spare is new, $110ea OBO. The 4 driven on tires are showing only about 1/16th of an inch wear and the spare is brand spankin new.
i-10.jpg

sparefull.jpg

1-16thusetread.jpg

usedcondition.jpg

Can also email me at williamsmind@hotmail.com :cheers:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Not really a lot of call for those out here in Colorado. They're much more in demand in the southeast, where mud is king.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Not really a lot of call for those out here in Colorado. They're much more in demand in the southeast, where mud is king.

:confused: there's never been a call for them in mud. that's where the "thornturd" nickname started. they're horrible for mud... don't clear out. supposedly they're good in sand though.

i'd think they'd be good here since they're basically an all terrain tire

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Oh, guess I was wrong. Guess I have no experience with them.

And yeah, your 40 is suh-weet! My favorite color. :)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Don't let Drew know ;)

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Just wait till he is done. He is installing a 4.0 Toyota motor in it and 4 link front and rear I believe. I was looking at his tires but decided against them since I was looking more for an AT tire.

Ige is correct, they are bad in the mud but good to very good for all the other terrains. Lower the PSI and you have some great traction from the sidewalls.

Good to see you posted these here Will, good luck with the sale.

Thanks for all the comments, I already met Drew and The Rock Runner on IH8MUD.com, and I look forward to attending a meeting when my conversion is finished and meeting more- Yes I do have an FJ Cruiser V6 4L & Trans + 4 link suspension for the rear planned for July , thankfully, Mike over at OFF ROAD SOLUTIONS will be at the helm of that project.

About the Thorbirds for sale: I think most agree these tires look great, and are practically bullet proof. Not sure about the ratings among the off road faithful on different terrain, like everything, I have found that opinions out there vary, but regardless, at $100 per tire - I think these will make a good buy for someone.

:thumb:thanks
Will

Last edited: