The Vinyl Thread

Crash

Rising Sun Member
If you can enter 1 per minute, that's 83.3 hours. A full time job for a couple of kids for a week.
  • The newer ones are easier because you can scan the barcode with the app on your phone. Those will take less than a minute.
  • The older ones are in the database already. You just have to search and find them. That's likely still less than a minute to complete.
  • The really rare and unusual ones might be on there, but if not, you will need to take photos and create a new listing, which will take the most time. That's probably a couple of minutes each.
So yeah, it's some work for sure.
Guess I’ll have to look into it. What else do I have to do with my time? 😁

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I'm probably only at 125 well-chosen specimens. Had a bunch more, but divorce knocked the numbers down. It's only stuff and doesn't bother me. I've been able to slowly build back my small collection in a more targeted way.

Interesting tidbit from the expo yesterday. Apparently there was a mother/daughter run studio and record label in the 50s called Band Box Records. The granddaughter of the founder (probably in her 70s) was there with a booth selling off what remains of the back catalog. These were all original pressings, but untouched - kept in storage this whole time. Mostly country & western 7" stuff, but some R&B, spoken word, and 12s in there too.

15D8B992-59DA-4EBD-A7CA-50E74D2275E0.jpeg

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I'm probably only at 125 well-chosen specimens. Had a bunch more, but divorce knocked the numbers down. It's only stuff and doesn't bother me. I've been able to slowly build back my small collection in a more targeted way.

Interesting tidbit from the expo yesterday. Apparently there was a mother/daughter run studio and record label in the 50s called Band Box Records. The granddaughter of the founder (probably in her 70s) was there with a booth selling off what remains of the back catalog. These were all original pressings, but untouched - kept in storage this whole time. Mostly country & western 7" stuff, but some R&B, spoken word, and 12s in there too.

View attachment 99354
Very cool. 👍

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Oops, forgot to mention the original Band Box studio and label was in Denver!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Old thread pump-and-dump!

Is anyone interested in a Nitty Gritty? I'm selling one.

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I really didn't figure Steve would need it.
I don’t need it but someone here does. If your cleaning regimen consists of running a dry brush over your records then you are missing out on hearing everything that’s contained in the grooves. A wet wash/vacuum dry system goes a very long way to unlocking data that makes a record sound closer to the real thing. Nitty Gritty cleaning machines have been around for a long time and are known to be highly effective and reliable over many years. I’m sure @DaveInDenver has treated this machine with care.