• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

The Train Trip, June 10-13th, 2021

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Just made my reservation. Looking forward to another nap in the trail to the clickety clack of the rails

What day chasing from Chama and what day chasing from Antonito (if we can chase Antonito Friday and Chama Saturday that'd be my preference.

Can you update Post 1 which still says "ride train Friday"

Is not riding the rails on the 10th who might watch Mikey - little black dog? Otherwise he will stay home with Anna.
I would be happy to watch Mikey for you!

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
DANG! Been holding off on posting this, but I'm up against 2 hard scheduled contractors with some work I need to get completed on the house in the next 2 weeks so they can do theirs. All Enjoy! We're out, but hope to be there next time!

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Work is not cooperating with me this coming week unfortunately
Had it on the schedule but can’t make it happen

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
I couldn't find any fire restrictions down there? Any one else seen anything? Should I bring firewood?
Best I could find out, is: located in Rio Arriba ,Cy NM and falls under the Taos fire district. As I understand it, you do NOT need a fire permit if you keep a fire pit under 3' in diameter and flames less than 3'. Fire out 30 min after sunset some one present at all times, if wind speed over 10 mph, no fires. But you might want to verify this.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
very regretfully not going to be able to make it. I've just got too much stuff happening at once the week of this. Was really really looking forward to this as the 45 needed redemption!
Have fun, I know you all will.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
Looks like I’ll be out of town so sadly I’ll have to miss this again. :(

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
DANG! Been holding off on posting this, but I'm up against 2 hard scheduled contractors with some work I need to get completed on the house in the next 2 weeks so they can do theirs. All Enjoy! We're out, but hope to be there next time!

Bummer Dave, hopefully some good progress on the house though!

We won’t be riding the train but will come down Thursday for camping and chasing? My wife wants to know if any wives/women are coming? @simps80 @Inukshuk

Were riding the Train Thursday, but by all means come down and hang out and chase for the rest of the weekend!

I couldn't find any fire restrictions down there? Any one else seen anything? Should I bring firewood?

Maybe just in case? Been looking online as well and haven't seen any major restrictions- just updates on a few current burns.

Work is not cooperating with me this coming week unfortunately
Had it on the schedule but can’t make it happen

very regretfully not going to be able to make it. I've just got too much stuff happening at once the week of this. Was really really looking forward to this as the 45 needed redemption!
Have fun, I know you all will.

Looks like I’ll be out of town so sadly I’ll have to miss this again. :(

Man, bummer guys!! :confused:

Was sure excited to see the 45 out again this year Justin!

My current plan is to head down after work on Wednesday to get to camp. Figuring to be there right about sunset.

Again, this is where we are planning to camp this year: 36°59'23.1"N 106°13'21.6"W.

Excited for the weekend!

:beer::beer:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
five people bail the week of ..... Others so wanted to go. Yeah, you'll call me an ass for bringing this up and I'm not saying people don't have legit last minute emergencies that arise. Like when I bailed on this very same trip 5 years ago when my pup Jayna was ill - and she died a week later. You don't want to get fired, and Dave you better finish that damn house! Just know this sure is why I post fewer trips and instead plan with the people I know will go through hell to make it happen. 1/3 of you think I'm an ass for pointing to the elephant in the room. 1/3 nod in agreement. 1/3 nod in complacency.

Maybe people should wait till the week of to say yes? This is not personal to any of you. Its a society thing.

Garage, truck, and trailer ready. Ticket is purchased. Ready to go!

To those of you who bailed - I don't care all that much about the train and scenery - I was stoked to hang with y'all!

To those of you going - awesome! More good whiskey to share with you!

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
My plan right now is to roll in on Wednesday night. I am booked on the train for Thursday. I've meant to update earlier but there was a question which day we would head down on (thinking Thursday so that my wife could make it) but her work has reduced flexibility on hours recently and she can't swing this one.

@Beachboy I'm up for some shrimp if it's available. What kind of beer do you like? (And/Or) what should I bring goes well with the shrimp?

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Going to make shrimp stir fry on my 'Skottle" Wednesday night. If anyone wants to join in, please let me know so I will have enough for anyone who would like to partake. I also will be bringing deserts (tropical cakes from my sister business) for that night. Just brought alot of shrimp
Also like to know what we can bring...

My plan right now is to roll in on Wednesday night. I am booked on the train for Thursday. I've meant to update earlier but there was a question which day we would head down on (thinking Thursday so that my wife could make it) but her work has reduced flexibility on hours recently and she can't swing this one.

@Beachboy I'm up for some shrimp if it's available. What kind of beer do you like? (And/Or) what should I bring goes well with the shrimp?
For everybody, I will have enough stir fry shrimp for everybody who would like some. It will be served with rice, rolls, and dessert. If anyone would like to add anything, that is fine. I like lighter beer, nothing stronger than Stella.

For everybody, I will have enough stir fry shrimp for everybody who would like some. It will be served with rice, rolls, and dessert. If anyone would like to add anything, that is fine. I like lighter beer, nothing stronger than Stella.
Hate to miss the stir fry but we will arrive Thursday afternoon. We look forward to catching up/meeting you all.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Pretty dang excited for this weekend!

My current plan is to take off from work tomorrow, with the hopes of being at camp around sunset time. Save a spot for me and keep that fire stoked. Gonna be a long day for me tomorrow- but so ready. Up at 2am to be ready for work.

Just some final reminders:

Camp: 36°59'23.1"N 106°13'21.6"W

Train ride: Group reservation code: TT21 set for Thursday June 10th, riding from Antonito to Osier to Antonito.

Lets monitor 147.420 on the ham.

Old Iron.jpg

:beer::beer: