• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

the spotted thread -

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Pickup buddies on the drive home today.

@DaveInDenver Imelda is going to hit the big 300k milestone this month. Too bad the tires are in good shape or I would get her some new shoes.

20240312_173710.jpg

60wag

Rising Sun Member
There is a benefit to RHD.

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
From a friend in Golden. Hope this isn't anyone hereView attachment 127882
He's okay and we are currently sourcing some parts. He's probably going to get a soft top made for it and on the hurt for a windshield frame. Cruiser outfitters stocks 7x series windscreens. He's an essential worker and wasn't just driving around to drive around. Some times shit happens.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Sweet Hilux in Baja outside Las Palomas.
It had a big ol' fishing boat attached to it. Belong to anyone in the club? </endsarcasm>
BajaHilux.png

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Still surviving in a somewhat hostile environment for old Toyota steel in Guerrero Negro Baja California, first day of Spring, 2024. Missing the rain gutters and rusted off windshield wiper. Sounded good and strong when started up.
Baja62.jpg

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Still surviving in a somewhat hostile environment for old Toyota steel in Guerrero Negro Baja California, first day of Spring, 2024. Missing the rain gutters and rusted off windshield wiper. Sounded good and strong when started up.
View attachment 128289
I LOVE the amount of bondo where the gutter should be. Somebody worked hard to save that and it actually looks pretty alright.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Referencing the above 60:
Our group wanted to source a wiper arm, and two wiper blades, and maybe a few other odds/ends to keep this 60 alive and kickin'. Being as close as it is to the sea/salt, it's seen some rough conditions.

The local autozone doesn't stock parts for this truck, and being as far south as it is, they don't have the benefit of hopping the border to Cali.
If anyone's got some spares laying around, reach out to @Crash or myself, and we can spread the Cruiser love.
Failing that, Steve said we can probably source something through Stevenson.

RDub

I might have my old wiper arms from my ‘87. They’re a bit rusty but intact. I will look today to see if they’re still in the garage. Could those work? Blade assemblies from NAPA should snap right on.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm out of my depth when it comes to 60's, but I imagine very little changed year to year with the wiper arm/motor. I'm relying on the braintrust of 60 owners for this one.

The data plate on the B-pillar said it was an August 1988 truck. I'm not sure if that's date of manufacture, or the date it was released for sale.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
I'm out of my depth when it comes to 60's, but I imagine very little changed year to year with the wiper arm/motor. I'm relying on the braintrust of 60 owners for this one.

The data plate on the B-pillar said it was an August 1988 truck. I'm not sure if that's date of manufacture, or the date it was released for sale.
Manufacturing date. And, Josh, we 62 owners are very protective of that 2 vs 0. Yes we are 60 series owners but very proud of the 62 and much appreciative of those who recognize the differences. Just joshin’, of course. 😁

RDub

I assumed the wiper arms were the same on 60s and 62s. Can a 62 person confirm or deny, please? Thanks.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Just looked online and it appears that the 60 and 62 share wiper arms.