the spotted thread -

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
That's certainly Hugh in the video. I assumed he and Kelly moved to their place in Silverton after he shut down Safari, but I would say the chances that Prado is Hugh's are close to 100%.

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Team,

The Prado is my late father's truck we sold to Hugh and Kelly half a dozen years ago. Glad to see it is still alive and kicking. 1998 Euro spec LHD Prado originally from Belgium. Does Hugh still own it I wonder?

@RossM or one of the Miller clan?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Team,

The Prado is my late father's truck we sold to Hugh and Kelly half a dozen years ago. Glad to see it is still alive and kicking. 1998 Euro spec LHD Prado originally from Belgium. Does Hugh still own it I wonder?
Such a unique rig. I remember it from the 2007 Ouray run.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Team,

It has been very well mainained. Looked to be in great shape.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Off topic but how was it here legally in 2007?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member

I texted Hugh this afternoon asking him if it was his, haven't heard back yet.

Off topic but how was it here legally in 2007?

Hard to know, the rules change. When I brought in my 1997 HZJ75 in 2000, it could only be made legally imported by retrofitting a bunch of NTSB stuff like air bags, etc. I (and the seller, a dear friend from Calgary) tried a bunch of stuff and we ended up just renewing his Alberta plates every year. I wrote an article for Toyota Trails about it, but Todd Kaderabek wouldn't put it in the dead tree Trails and it ended up as an online-only story, and somehow when the web site was transferred to Karie it disappeared. Long story short, I ended up swapping it for my 1978 FJ45 with him in 2004.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
IMG_5807.jpeg

Sweet rig 32nd and young field

wesintl

RS Moderator
Team,

Dang I always wanted to buy that truck. I didn't know hugh and kelly got it.

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Did Hugh ever get back in touch with Jeff to confirm he is still the owner? I wondered what happened to the truck and Hugh when he sold Safari Ltd and moved onto something else. I am happy it is alive and well.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Did Hugh ever get back in touch with Jeff to confirm he is still the owner? I wondered what happened to the truck and Hugh when he sold Safari Ltd and moved onto something else. I am happy it is alive and well.

He never replied to my text, it's possible that that isn't his phone number any more. I suppose I could try calling and see if that number is in service.

subzali

Hard Core 4+

subzali

Hard Core 4+

RossM

Rising Sun Member
As the late great Jeff Hamilton would’ve joked “hash tag-van life”. Haha.

I miss Mr. Hamilton and his wry sense of humor. 😊

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I have been stopping at the Starbucks just north of 70 and Kipling and every time there are 2 white lx470s there... Maybe work at the vet? Anyway, makes me chuckle every morning. Anyone know these rigs? Would love to know their story. They often park together. PXL_20240129_181227740.jpg

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Soooo This afternoon after logging off work I drove up Wadsworth to see my Chiropractor. On my way around 104th I see a beautiful silhouette of an 80 series coming toward me. I think to myself wow that looks good, and then I wonder and say to myself wonder who that might be...???? It passes me and I see my teenage son in my 80! LOL... Oh yeah, it's mine! Oops I should recognize her a little better than I do, but to be fair I only see her on the weekends as she's not my daily.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Soooo This afternoon after logging off work I drove up Wadsworth to see my Chiropractor. On my way around 104th I see a beautiful silhouette of an 80 series coming toward me. I think to myself wow that looks good, and then I wonder and say to myself wonder who that might be...???? It passes me and I see my teenage son in my 80! LOL... Oh yeah, it's mine! Oops I should recognize her a little better than I do, but to be fair I only see her on the weekends as she's not my daily.
That happened to me the other day when my wife was driving the 80! Funny!