the annual Argentine Pass adopt-a-trail event- June 26th 2021

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Great to see the interest here, looking forward to a fun event! Also confirming that both Stay the Trail and the Clear Creek Ranger District will be there with us. CCRD is going to run up there between now and then to see if there are any issues we can help resolve, they also remind us that we'll need to have a mask in our pocket, for times when we can't maintain our distance. direct quote:
Be sure everyone comes prepared to do field work. Long pants, long sleeves, work boots. Also, please make sure everyone has a mask. We are required to wear masks when we can’t keep our distance from others… We will provide hardhats(if needed), Gloves, trash bags and any other tools or supplies needed for any specific projects we need to accomplish. We will lead a safety discussion regarding project at hand, COVID concerns, etc. When we all arrive at Silverdale.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Are they really still concerned about covid outside? No comment on that I guess......
it's more about them being a division of the Federal Government, so having to adhere to Federal guidelines. I asked for clarification, here are the actual words... this is from the risk assessment that's been mandated to the FS office:
Minimize viral spread through close contact with public and other personnel by social distancing of 6' or more. Wear face-masks as prudent when in proximity to other individuals. Work outside to dilute concentration of virus and expose virus to sunlight. Don't shake hands, don't handle documents or other shared materials. Use other means of communication as much as possible: phone, VTC, Skype, etc. Wash hands ASAP after touching common documents or materials. Stay home if you begin to feel sick. Stay home if another member of your household is sick. Notify your supervisor
So basically they can't ride in one of our trucks, shake our hands, and if they have to be closer than 6' to us we have to wear a mask. They are required to treat everyone as if they haven't been vaccinated, and they can't ask. So we should all just have a mask available, wear gloves, and that's pretty much it... but if anyone feels like they don't want to deal with this then don't join this one, thanks.

Last edited:

Trail Bum

Rising Sun Member
I'm going to try to make it Friday night and 1/2 of Saturday. Have to be back by 3:30 on Saturday though.

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Would be interested in spending Friday night up there. Pretty flexible on Saturday for the work day. Have never done Argentine, as always had too much snow. But have been up McClellan before.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I am tentatively planning to come out and camp Friday depending on how the work day goes, and camp on Saturday. If I could get a location to meet that would be sweet... it may be after dark by the time I get up there.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I am planning to camp Friday and Saturday night and hope to be at the trailhead by 6:30 to secure a campsite. Do we have a total idea on how many trucks and any suggestions of good camp sites along the trail? Bonus for GPS coordinates.

On another note I would would be surprised if we are in fire bans that weekend.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Me and mine are planning to come up Friday Afternoon/Evening and stay until Sunday Morning.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Can’t make it up Friday, but I’ll be up first thing Saturday (8:30am) at the meetup spot @nakman already posted. I plan to work Saturday and camp Saturday night, heading back to town Sunday morning.

Looking forward to it!

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
There's a spot that should hold a good amount of trucks at 39.40593 105.42220?
Cons: It's right off the trail head, It'll probably fill up quick, and the GPS has been pulled without knowing what the spot looks like IRL. Actual results may vary.
Pros: It'd be easy to link up with the main group come Saturday morning.

It looks like there's a good number of spots open higher up on the trail that could accommodate 5ish trucks, I just wasn't sure how far up the trail would be practical.
There's also Clear Lake CG off Guanella Pass rd, which may be a circus..

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Can’t make it up Friday, but I’ll be up first thing Saturday (8:30am) at the meetup spot @nakman already posted. I plan to work Saturday and camp Saturday night, heading back to town Sunday morning.

Looking forward to it!
I am coming back at the end of the day, but want to roll out together that morning?

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We will be heading up Fri afternoon/evening and camping both nights. Headed home early am sunday

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
@MonPetiteShoe that spot puts me in the middle of the Mongolian desert for some reason... probably user error on my side. You're right though the easiest sites are down near the bottom, there's better sites up along Leavenworth Creek but that's not really practical if your plan was to run back down the hill on Saturday morning (my plan) however no reason not to camp up there and just hook up with the group later if you're so inclined, especially if there's nothing else available. I kinda consider Leavenworth Creek a one-way trail (up) even though it's open both ways, it's so narrow in most spots that passing someone coming down is almost always a challenge.

the ideal campsite would be 39°41'3.84"N 105°42'17.58"W and we could likely get 10+ trucks in there, as it goes back quite a ways. So if anyone is able to get up there early on Friday, or even Thursday, or anytime that would be the best spot. I'm not sure when I can cut free but hoping to get up there Friday.

Last edited:

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I thought this was for the Argentine Pass in the Dawukou District of Inner Mongolia, that's my bad.
It looks like the spot you dropped is a smidge NW of where my original coord was supposed to be. (39°40'59.2"N 105°42'23.2"W)
It was early, and the coffee was taking it's sweet time to kick in. We'll be boolin' around that area when we come up Friday. Thanks!
Still a little disappointed we aren't going to Mongolian desert though...

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
@MonPetiteShoe that spot puts me in the middle of the Mongolian desert for some reason... probably user error on my side. You're right though the easiest sites are down near the bottom, there's better sites up along Leavenworth Creek but that's not really practical if your plan was to run back down the hill on Saturday morning (my plan) however no reason not to camp up there and just hook up with the group later if you're so inclined, especially if there's nothing else available. I kinda consider Leavenworth Creek a one-way trail (up) even though it's open both ways, it's so narrow in most spots that passing someone coming down is almost always a challenge.

the ideal campsite would be 39°41'3.84"N 105°42'17.58"W and we could likely get 10+ trucks in there, as it goes back quite a ways. So if anyone is able to get up there early on Friday, or even Thursday, or anytime that would be the best spot. I'm not sure when I can cut free but hoping to get up there Friday.

I am hoping to get there ASAP Friday planning to leave directly from work. I will see if that site is still available. Fingers crossed.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I am coming back at the end of the day, but want to roll out together that morning?
Fo sho! Meet at the T Rex lot or something?

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
I may just be able to make this.