• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

the annual Argentine Pass adopt-a-trail event- June 26th 2021

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
@bassguyry (Ryland) and I are meeting up at the T-Rex lot (technically, Wooly Mammoth lot, across from the Exxon) on Saturday to make the drive up. Anyone want to roll with us at let's say 7:30am? We plan to roll out at 7:45am sharp.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@bassguyry (Ryland) and I are meeting up at the T-Rex lot (technically, Wooly Mammoth lot, across from the Exxon) on Saturday to make the drive up. Anyone want to roll with us at let's say 7:30am? We plan to roll out at 7:45am sharp.
Here's the address for the Wooly Mammoth lot, since there are a few different lots up there:

18560 US-40, Golden, CO 80401

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
i am still interested in camping up there on Friday night, but it looks like the rain is coming for the weekend and wanted to see if that will impact others plans and whether the work day might be postponed?

thanks,

todd

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
i am still interested in camping up there on Friday night, but it looks like the rain is coming for the weekend and wanted to see if that will impact others plans and whether the work day might be postponed?

thanks,

todd
Good catch. Georgetown is predicting 0.3" for Saturday, which is a monsoon in the hills. Friday is expecting 0.5", so by Saturday its going to be a muddy mess. We might end up destroying more than we clean up.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeah, I'm definitely not camping if it's going to rain a bunch. @nakman - do you know if the FS is still planning on having a work day, regardless of weather conditions?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah, I'm definitely not camping if it's going to rain a bunch. @nakman - do you know if the FS is still planning on having a work day, regardless of weather conditions?
I have asked. At this moment we're doing it, 100%. If that changes I'll be sure to post up, thanks!

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Still plan to be at work day, but probably not going to camp if it is raining. Keep us posted If rangers want to reschedule the work day.

thanks,

todd

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Still hope/planning to be there Sat ( may ride along that day to take pics). Trying to get time off from work for Sunday ( makes things easier).

Only made it up to Argentine once last summer.

Thanks again Tim!

:beer::beer:

joltman

Rising Sun Member
My family and I would like to attend. We have a 4 yr old, and as anyone with kids knows, it's hard to keep their attention on anything for a long period of time. I'm not familiar with the trail (only what I've seen on Gaia and in my Backroads trail book). Will it be a problem if I have to duck out with my family? Any issues anyone else can tell me about with heading down, potentially alone? Thanks!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
My family and I would like to attend. We have a 4 yr old, and as anyone with kids knows, it's hard to keep their attention on anything for a long period of time. I'm not familiar with the trail (only what I've seen on Gaia and in my Backroads trail book). Will it be a problem if I have to duck out with my family? Any issues anyone else can tell me about with heading down, potentially alone? Thanks!
You can bug out any time and it will be easy to do, no sweat! come on out.

Trail Bum

Rising Sun Member
I can't attend as planned. Will be out of town for business and then pleasure. :) I'll have to catch the next event.

tallmike

Brand New
I'm planning on being there Sat. morning at the designated meeting spot. I'll plan on camping out Sat. night. Looking forward to it! I might even bring my drone.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Who's camping tonight, what time are you leaving town and where are we camping?

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We'll be leaving around 3pm, if all goes well. 39°41'3.84"N 105°42'17.58"W, per Nakman's recommendation. I'm expecting a circus.. If that falls through, i'll probably meander up the trail a bit and see what we can see while monitoring GMRS CH 22.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We'll be leaving around 3pm, if all goes well. 39°41'3.84"N 105°42'17.58"W, per Nakman's recommendation. I'm expecting a circus.. If that falls through, i'll probably meander up the trail a bit and see what we can see while monitoring GMRS CH 22.
We Will probably be on the road 430ish and head for those coordinates. We will keep an eye out for you and ears on gmrs 22

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
We are still planning to be on the road around 5:00. Came in to work at 6 this morning so I may be able to sneak out a bit earlier.

Picked up a set of GMRS / FRS radios just for this trip and will be monitoring 22.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah I hope to get out of town around the same time as y'all today, will be monitoring 22 on the FRS radio.

Also note to all, there's officially a fire ban now. Just got this email....

National Forests along northern Front Range enter fire restrictions
Grand County bans all campfires as fire danger increases

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (June 24, 2021) – Due to the forecast of continuing dry and warm conditions, the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests’ Clear Creek, Boulder and Canyon Lakes ranger districts along with the Pawnee National Grassland are enacting Stage 1 fire restrictions effective at 12:01 a.m. Friday, June 25. Stage 1 fire restrictions limit where and what type of fires visitors can have and remain in place until rescinded.

The following is PROHIBITED under Stage 1 Fire Restrictions:

• Igniting, building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire (including fires fueled by charcoal or briquettes) outside of a permanent metal or concrete fire pit or grate that the Forest Service has installed and maintained at its developed recreation sites (campgrounds and picnic areas)
  • Smoking, except in an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
  • Operating a chainsaw without an effective and properly installed spark arrestor, a fire extinguisher kept with the operator, and a shovel.
  • Blasting, welding, or operating a torch with an open flame without being in a cleared area of at least 10 feet in diameter and having a fire extinguisher kept with the operator
  • Using an explosive. This includes but is not limited to fuses, blasting caps, fireworks, rockets, exploding targets, tracers, and incendiary ammunition. (Fireworks are always prohibited on National Forest lands).
  • Discharging a firearm, unless lawfully hunting will be prohibited only in Boulder, Gilpin and Clear Creek Counties to align with county fire restrictions.
Violation of Stage 1 fire restrictions could result in a maximum fine of $5,000 for an individual or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for more than six months, or both. If responsible for causing a wildfire, one could be held accountable for suppression costs of that fire.

West of the Continental Divide in Grand County, fire restrictions have been elevated to stage 2, prohibiting all campfires, even in campgrounds, as well as smoking outdoors and target shooting. Northwestern Colorado is experiencing extreme to exceptional drought conditions.

Be sure to visit the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests’ Know Before You Go page to see fire restriction orders and maps.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Yeah I hope to get out of town around the same time as y'all, will be monitoring 22 on the FRS radio. Also note to all, there's officially a fire ban now. Just got this email....
Honestly a good thing they put the fire pan in place. Its been crazy dry up here. Funny that it goes into effect over a rainy weekend but still needed.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make the run ( sure I'm going to regret it later). Just too much to get done.

Hopefully there will be another one!

Have fun all and thanks for leading this Tim!

:beer::beer: