Thanksging Run-Chinaman's Gulch Fri. the 25th

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Well, bummer. The Chili is down for the count. Fr. Mike did his very best and really tried to gitterdun, but well into the evening last night he discovered that the gussetted, wrapped, rebuilt crossover had warped about 1/4" making install impossible.

In the long run that will work out well; we are going to experiment with smaller tubing, more bracing, and a flex joint on the crossover. I may have even more punch in the midrange and improved mileage to boot! But in the short run Mike is in Austin TX until Sunday and the Chili is forlorn on a lift missing her exhaust.

Sorry to miss this; I was looking forward to it. Honey-do weekend. With a building project that is probably a good thing.

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Sorry, I won't be @ this club run

I have committed to Boulder Carnage on Saturday. I would love to run Chinamans with you guys, but I have some driveline issues that make 4 hours of highway less enticing than the 1 hour Boulder commute.
I'll get pics!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
And potentially be down two Chilis simultaneously? I think not...

What I REALLY need to do is get the gears and locker and more lift on the Taco. Most of the parts are sitting in my garage. And a couple in Oleg's... which I need to pay him for...

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Red_Chili said:
Well, bummer. The Chili is down for the count. Fr. Mike did his very best and really tried to gitterdun, but well into the evening last night he discovered that the gussetted, wrapped, rebuilt crossover had warped about 1/4" making install impossible.

In the long run that will work out well; we are going to experiment with smaller tubing, more bracing, and a flex joint on the crossover. I may have even more punch in the midrange and improved mileage to boot! But in the short run Mike is in Austin TX until Sunday and the Chili is forlorn on a lift missing her exhaust.

Sorry to miss this; I was looking forward to it. Honey-do weekend. With a building project that is probably a good thing.

Bad excuse.....don't need no stinking exhaust! :D

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Ok, everything is a go for tomorrow as long as my gas tank holds up.

It was my turn to watch the kids for the day. We went out for a picnic up to a spot I know about above evergreen, near Squaw Pass. I almost got stuck on a side road area in the snow. I got out and decided to blast thorugh the drift. I hit a rock and got hung up. I winched off and put a serious dent in my tank. Much larger than I have done before. This is my second tank. It's not leaking, so I'm going on the run. I'll take a bar of soap with me for an emergencey leak stop if needed. I will have Oleg replace it soon.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
JadeRunner said:
I winched off and put a serious dent in my tank. Much larger than I have done before. This is my second tank. It's not leaking, so I'm going on the run. I'll take a bar of soap with me for an emergencey leak stop if needed. I will have Oleg replace it soon.
What's up with the tank location? Why don't they put it inside where it belongs? ;-)

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Dood... do we need to buy you tools for Xmas or sumthin'? Isn't there a club requirement for doing at least SOME of your own work, or is that waived for executive level and above? ;-)

Got yer solution right here: 2" body lift, then relocate the tank 2" higher. Still a low center of gravity, and you solve the problem completely.

Plus, then you can fit those 35" MT/Rs you know you want. You just know you do...