Technician ONLY exam

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I need to know how many people who attended the class who are absolutely sure they can make it to Stevinson West by 5PM on Monday March 3rd.

I just spoke with one of the VEC's that Brian has been trying to get to help with this on the phone. If we can nail down a number of people, a place and time to adninister the TECHNICIAN only test, he will do his best to do the test on Monday, March 3rd.

What I need to know is who will be able to be at Stevinson West by 5PM on Monday to take the Technician test ONLY.

Part of the reason that we weren't successful before is that we wanted to accomodate folks who want to take their General and Extra exam. This will not possible to do on Monday due to the demand for more VE's. Those who want to take the General or Extra exam will have to go to a testing location that is listed on the other thread.

So, if you know for a fact that you have the means and the way to be at Stevensom by 5PM and stay as late as 9PM on Monday, post up. I need a headcount by 5PM tomorrow, February 28th.

Even if we have this headcount, there is still a possibility that the exam may not happen. We need to give them enough time to arrange for VE's to administer the test and they may not be able to. This is the last ditch effort to try and get the Technician test ONLY administered on Monday. Please help and be prompt with your response. If it doesn't work out, we'll organize a date to get everyone together at one of the local testing locations.

I'm "IN"...

...will be there by 5:00.

And thanks for working to help set this all up!

Cheers!

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
My dad and I can be there (N=2).

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'm going for Tech just to get it done, so count me in. I'll try for the General at a different time.

Last edited:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'm going for Tech and General, so count me out.

Anyone in this boat keep in mind that when you do go to the testing locations offering tests please arrive as early as possible. With several people all taking different tests, and a limited amount of time for the session, you may be told that you will only be able to take one test at that time. It will almost never be a problem during the first half of the session, but after the mid-point they usually tell people that they may be limited to taking one test.

The VE teams have to give instructions, hand out the tests, allow adequate time for the test AND grading to include issuing the CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination) that should be your receipt that you took (and passed) the test. Robbie was the exception that I habve never heard of before. Depending on how many people taking any combination of tests and how log those people take to complete the test, some might be limited to one test.

Bottom line--Arrive early. If you do, you are almost assured to be able to take more than one test (or more than one attempt if the first test is not passed).

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
count me IN

thanks again for all the hard work

T

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Nathaniel, I edited my post - count me in for just the Tech, so I can at least get licensed. I'll try and get to Boulder on Thursday to take my General, but don't want to get snaked. Thanks!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
In.

my brother and I are in

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Count me in...One way or the other I'll get there by 5pm :)

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Closed!!!!

Ok. The cutoff has come and gone. I will be telling the VE team that we have 13 people taking the exam.

Now we will be waiting on if he can get two other VE's to actually give the test. I will update when I hear.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I know it's a late response - but I'm in.

Shorty

Late reply

Sorry, but I just now saw this. Can I still take it on Monday? I don't know that I can get there by 5:00. Can I take it if I get there by 6:30?

Oh, and thanks for putting on the class. It was quite helpful.:thumb:

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Saw this post too late. I don't Think Lin and I can get there by 5:00 anyway.

We'll work together to try to take the test locally. Lin has been studying today.

Thanks for teaching the class.
We'll go out on our own and,
GIT-R-DONE

-Stephen and Lin

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
No word yet...

As of 9PM I have not heard anything on the test being a "GO". I will update tomorrow by noon.

If we can't take the test tomorrow, whats say you about getting some folks together at the next few scheduled tests arround town? I'd be happy to meet a few people at each one to help study before the test or lend moral support.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Bummer. Keep us advised via PM or such.