Sunday August 12th - Moderate Run to Red Cone

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
You will meet at 9AM at the Conoco Station in Bailey and follow Lexusben and Convert up to Redcone. This is an moderate trail that a stock truck with a good driver could do with no issues. There are a few areas that can be bypassed that have some medium sized rocks. The decent from Redcone is a little steep, but to those with some experience, it's not a lot of challenge. It is beautiful and spectacular and was my favorite run from the Rally last year

Post up if you plan on coming so Ben and Dan can plan accordingly as your Trail leader.

Here is the trip report from last years Rally run

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=1983

Any other details (Ben/Dan) you want to share as your leading the rail?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
This sounds great, the Romer Caravan will be there and I have even talked my Dad into his first offroad adventure. I had to promise, not too many bounces :D

So thats 3 Trucks for the Romers

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
title should read sunday.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Sunday, sunday, sunday

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for fixing those wes.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
How long of a day is this? My folks are staying with us this weekend, I'd like to take them out but this may be a bit much... what time would you expect to be off the trail?

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
How long of a day is this? My folks are staying with us this weekend, I'd like to take them out but this may be a bit much... what time would you expect to be off the trail?

I would expect back in Keystone around 2-3, or @ hwy 285 depending which way we decide to go. Also depends on whether or not we add radical hill (extra 1/2 hr) but that will depend on what time we get to the top of Webster pass. We may go down the south side of webster just to avoid the I-70 traffic on sunday rather than go down to Keystone. Might leave that up to the group.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I know with my Dad coming along and what happened last week there I will have to skip Radical Hill. Did it last year and it was a blast, but won't work this year.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
I know with my Dad coming along and what happened last week there I will have to skip Radical Hill. Did it last year and it was a blast, but won't work this year.

FYI, We just ran Webster-Red Cone-Radical-Deer Creek this last weekend and the rollover did not occur on Radical hill proper. It was about a half a mile past the top over to the SW. Have no idea how it happened but we did see alot of yeahoos up there and I can only imagine. :rolleyes: But there was still police tape up so it wasn't where everyone thinks it is.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Ben, good to know. I still will have to pass as I know my dad would not like radical hill. It's taken me years to get him to finally come along and I promised him a nice and easy trail with great views.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I haven't done Red Cone in years....if I go on a run this will be the one.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
If no one signs up for my "easy" run, count me in for Red Cone. ;)

T

Last edited:

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
Count me in on this one. :D

Convert

Hard Core 4+
So far here is the list of rigs
Romer 3 trucks
Lexus Ben
Convert
Bighead