St. Patty's Brunch Like a Girl

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Glad you will be able to make it! Bring some patience for my "in the middle of a remodel" house.:)
I understand the remodel thing! It's a bitter sweet process, worth it when it's done but it takes a lot to get there. Happy to help, feel free to send me a text on what I can do or bring.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
I am waiting for confirmation on 3 other ladies. 1 is a friend who isn't in the club but I told her she riding along with me this summer. She's rad!
But once I know I will get this updated for a head count.

Ann

Rising Sun Member
I am waiting for confirmation on 3 other ladies. 1 is a friend who isn't in the club but I told her she riding along with me this summer. She's rad!
But once I know I will get this updated for a head count.
Thanks for the update Brandi! Thanks Lisa and Melinda for offering help. I think I have got it at this point. I am going to keep it simple. I will make a couple versions of Egg Puff, a fruit salad and these super yummy Blueberry muffins I have been craving. I'll have coffee/tea, Mimosa fixin's and maybe a Bloody Mary station. Ya'll just let me know if there are any dietary restrictions. I will let you know if I feel like I need help as the date gets closer.

I hope everyone going to CM got the trails they want this morning! It was the first time I did the trail selection myself and it went well! I got the Swell Overnight so I am excited and a tad nervous about that. Gunning Copper Ridge and 3D, two trails I have never done and I am excited about that too. Thanks Lisa for all the work you put into organizing/orchestrating trails....You Rock!!

Attachments

• Lockhart Hard 2.jpg
    Lockhart Hard 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
  • Top of the World.jpg
    Top of the World.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 23

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
@Ann yes! Glad you were able to make the swell run!
3d is a super fun and pretty trail. I think you will enjoy it a lot!

My one friend is out and still waiting on the other two but will keep you posted.

Reach out if you need anything. Mimosa are great for me but I know Lisa likes bloody Mary's. Can't wait, this sounds like a tasty spread.

• Love
Reactions: Ann

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Thanks for the update Brandi! Thanks Lisa and Melinda for offering help. I think I have got it at this point. I am going to keep it simple. I will make a couple versions of Egg Puff, a fruit salad and these super yummy Blueberry muffins I have been craving. I'll have coffee/tea, Mimosa fixin's and maybe a Bloody Mary station. Ya'll just let me know if there are any dietary restrictions. I will let you know if I feel like I need help as the date gets closer.

I hope everyone going to CM got the trails they want this morning! It was the first time I did the trail selection myself and it went well! I got the Swell Overnight so I am excited and a tad nervous about that. Gunning Copper Ridge and 3D, two trails I have never done and I am excited about that too. Thanks Lisa for all the work you put into organizing/orchestrating trails....You Rock!!
I saw you got on the Swell! Congrats!!! I'm gunning the Ladies run this year sponsored by LOT, running Dome Plateau on Friday Sponsored by Toyota and Gunning the Mystery Run on Saturday with Keela Leading.

SUPER excited for this year! So far we have SIX ladies signed up for the ladies run!

• Love

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@Ann yes! Glad you were able to make the swell run!
3d is a super fun and pretty trail. I think you will enjoy it a lot!

My one friend is out and still waiting on the other two but will keep you posted.

Reach out if you need anything. Mimosa are great for me but I know Lisa likes bloody Mary's. Can't wait, this sounds like a tasty spread.
LOVE me some bloody mary's!! I was torn between 3D and Dome!

• Love

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Is Sara shirk leading ladies run? When I spoke to her last she said she was.

Ann

Rising Sun Member
I saw you got on the Swell! Congrats!!! I'm gunning the Ladies run this year sponsored by LOT, running Dome Plateau on Friday Sponsored by Toyota and Gunning the Mystery Run on Saturday with Keela Leading.

SUPER excited for this year! So far we have SIX ladies signed up for the ladies run!
Awesome! Jake (my son) met Keela and did Fins n Things with her. He had nothing but great things to say about her as a person and a driver. Love that Mystery Run is a woman sandwich! So many more women driver's than I have ever seen. So happy about this. In the past I could count them on one hand and my daughter was one of them!

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Is Sara shirk leading ladies run? When I spoke to her last she said she was.
She sure is! Although we are not going to be able to do the "playground" area over and over this year, they have it all fenced off and its all one way traffic now from what I've heard from the people out at the Pre-run currently.

• Love

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Awesome! Jake (my son) met Keela and did Fins n Things with her. He had nothing but great things to say about her as a person and a driver. Love that Mystery Run is a woman sandwich! So many more women driver's than I have ever seen. So happy about this. In the past I could count them on one hand and my daughter was one of them!
Yes, Keela is fantastic! She had nothing but great things to say about Jake as well. We have SIX ladies either leading or gunning this year at Cruise Moab, that is the most we've ever had! AND a couple lady owned vendors as well.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Bummed to miss this year but so happy to see more women getting invlovled. It's about time 🥰 when I rode along with Sara last year we talked a lot about her efforts over the years.

Then for brunch I have been working on some talking points to cover. Very very excited for how this year is turning out for DLAG. Plus, mimosas. 🌲😍🥰🙂

Ann

Rising Sun Member
@Yarn Cruiser Is the Sara you speak of the woman who drives the lizard 80?

So bummed you can't make it to CM. Your leadership in creating and driving DLAG forward created this. Go You! I myself am very excited for spending more time this year with the DLAG crew.

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
Yes!! She's amazing! Very down to earth and a phenomenal driver. She's force. Rumor has it she might try and meet up with DLAG for our camping trip. 🥰

This is her on the playground section on fins. Considering the Trail is one way it makes sense that they would enfore that more on this section. This part has a been a fun way to build up some confidence and comfort for driving on the slick rock and get ready for the 2nd half of fins and things. She's a riot in the best way. She really has a way with people. She knows how to build them for success, I tried to take many notes.

Also, thank you Ann your words mean so much to me. I can't even put into words how happy I am that you joining up with us. I really do think DLAG is going to have its best year this year. 🥰😍

Attachments

• DSC_0839.JPG
    DSC_0839.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • Love

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m not seeing anything about Jax Trax being a one way trail (yet) and I know there are some “play ground” areas there, maybe next year I’ll change the ladies run from fins to jax?

Yarn Cruiser

Rising Sun Member
My 2 cents, why change it? Jax trax isn't bad but fins and things is great. We can't play as much on the play ground but that's okay. It still offers plenty of learning opportunities and has a few places for people check out if they need to leave early or done done for the day.

Last year, we had 4 trucks total. 1 only planned on the first half as she needed to get back on the road home to Wyoming and it worked out great. The other, her 4low wasn't engaging. Sara prompted me to drive her truck (there is something special about being trusted to driving your hero's truck) Sara tried to engage it and then many people later that night at camp.

Then it was just Sara and I and Marsha and her husband Leon. Marsha is also a very skilled driver. Last year all her trail days were mine 😍🥰 but Dom and I also did flat iron mesa with her the year before. We all had a great time on the 2nd half. Jax Trax just doesn't have that flexibility. Oh and then Sara and I went and got ice cream. It was kind of a magical experience. 🤣😆😍

Ann

Rising Sun Member

Jake ran the "Mystery Run" yesterday and said it was super cool. Sounds like a fun one.

Ann

Rising Sun Member
I reached out to Megan Philby and Nelda Miller. Megan won't be able to make it due to work:( I haven't heard back from Nelda.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Jake ran the "Mystery Run" yesterday and said it was super cool. Sounds like a fun one.
I'm really excited for that one, so far we have 11 people signed up for it! The Mystery Run is a new one I added this year. The Sunset Cruise is proving to be a big hit again this year as well the largest waitlist again 2nd year in a row, I added that one last year.

We've got 7 now for the ladies run too! That's the largest sign up since bringing it back!

Ann

Rising Sun Member
I'm really excited for that one, so far we have 11 people signed up for it! The Mystery Run is a new one I added this year. The Sunset Cruise is proving to be a big hit again this year as well the largest waitlist again 2nd year in a row, I added that one last year.

We've got 7 now for the ladies run too! That's the largest sign up since bringing it back!
WTG Lisa! Must be fun watching your trails creation come to life. 2024 CM sounds like it will be super cool.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
WTG Lisa! Must be fun watching your trails creation come to life. 2024 CM sounds like it will be super cool.
It really is, so far so good I haven't had any that are flops lol