• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Spring Creek 10/8 - How Not To Climb Trees!

Uncle Ben said:
OK, I can't stay out of this anymore.... Did you know that all Suzuki owners where pink pantys?
NOTE: I enjoyed the picture and story very much! Bob, please don't take offense to my comeback to your post! I try to be very involved with keeping public land public and I used this tread as a soapbox to make a point.

Well, um, okay. I don't have to...SHOW...my pink panties, do I? :( :eek:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Evrgrnmtnman said:
Next time I go trail riding, I'm taking a trailor so I can pickup the rocks that I scrape and take them back home and repair them with plaster and mortar.
<In best Dr. McCoy voice> "Good god Jim, I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer!"

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
Would someone turn on the music here! A little background music would be nice. GOOD GOD! Look what ya'll have done to me over this..........

Attachments

• OldCJ.gif
    OldCJ.gif
    31.2 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Evrgrnmtnman said:
Would someone turn on the music here! A little background music would be nice. GOOD GOD! Look what ya'll have done to me over this..........
Attached Images
QUOTE]

Dang dude....your tooth grew back! A fiddle would be perfect! ;)

Last edited:

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
Uncle Ben said:
...I used this tread as a soapbox to make a point.

And a very good point indeed!!!! The only thing I'd like to add is, once a cooperative "boots on ground, sleeves rolled up, hands in dirt" work day has gone down, we will find that Rising Sun and the Sierra Club have more in common than we have differences.

Evrgrnmtnman said:
I guess no one cares about us running over any Sierra Club Members

Can't speak for the entire Sierra Club, but this is one member with a very wide vindictive streak :p

Last edited:

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
:p[/QUOTE] Can't speak for the entire Sierra Club, but this is one member with a very wide vindictive streak :p[/QUOTE]

Just proves the point about how "extreme" these Wacko's are! Being "environmental friendly" is one thing, as I am, but being a far left nut case is another.

Last edited:

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I think you will find, as I have, that the rank and file locals are members of enviro groups because they care about the VERY same things, in the VERY same way, as we do. There is much common ground even given some differences, and while it is naive to completely let one's guard down, if you engage the conversation there is learning both ways - and we do have persuasive arguments, as do they.

Sometimes the full-time, lawyered-up, national level salaried folks are uncompromising idealists who see things in unwavering black and white. The far right wing does not have a corner on fundamentalism... :eek: it's an equal opportunity pitfall.

Perhaps I see it with what seems to be stark clarity because I am a member of a group so often accused of it! Funny how that works...