• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Spooky Night Run 2023 - Slaughterhouse Gulch

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
UPDATE: Please read my latest post! With weather, there's a vote to either push through the snow or punt to next weekend.
Cold weather be damned! We're pushing through the weather this weekend. Come join the cold fun!

Be apart of the 24th Annual Spooky Night Run!
Time to decorate your trucks, kids, family, and/or dogs and yourself and go wheeling into the night! Come on, it's the only appropriate time to actually use those light bars you installed.

This annual run is a great one for family and kids! Don't even have to be a RS member; just need to have a friendly attitude. We'll have dinner around 6:00 on the trail, so pack a meal and some to share around a campfire. We'll check the burn ban and weather as it gets closer. Feel free to bring your propane fire pits or grill to gather around if the conditions turn.

Date: Oct 28th @ 3:30pm
Trail: Slaughterhouse Gulch
Trails Offroad Info

Where: Loaf & Jug at Hwy 285 and Deer Creek Road (Link)
39°26'24.4"N 105°27'14.5"W (39.440109, -105.454022)

When:
3:30pm with a 4pm departure
We'll leave L&J at 4, go to the usual air-down spot, and leave the air-down by 5 and shoot to be at the bottom by 6pm depending on how many rigs show up. We can do the pot luck have dinner at the bottom at dusk.
If you're late, here's where we'll air down:
39°29'43.9"N 105°31'56.0"W (39.495515, -105.532233)

What to bring:
Food and drinks (non-alcohol)
Family, kids, and dogs
Warm clothes - sun will be setting and the mountains are colder than Denver
Camp chairs
Flashlights/lanterns
Some nights we've been lucky enough to light a fire, so we'll keep an eye on the burn bans, or bring your propane firepits.
Recovery gear - Prepare for anything. Search "Rescue The Jeeps" Night Run...
Candy for the kiddos
Decorations or costumes

Please leave at home:
Alcohol/firearms
mean kids/dogs
bad attitude
non trail worthy rigs - you know what qualifies

Radio Channels:
HAM
: 146.460 MHz
GMRS: CH 16
CB: CH 4 - I think you'll be talking to yourself...

Confirmed Trucks:
@Oh_shift
@timmbuck2
@NotyourmomsWife
@hitchhiker
@Yarn Cruiser
@rushthezeppelin
@4RunnerJoe
@Doughboy
@FJCDan
@CGerdo
@MacPhail
@On the RX
@MountainGoat

Last edited:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Count us in

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Oooo this was my second wheeling trip ever last year, I'm down. There's was quite a bit of white stuff on last year's run, wonder how this year will be. Should have winch installed by then and might even have a locker if things go well.

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Asked for the day off, hopefully I get it and will be there in my pickup.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I have to rescind my "In like Flynn." We've got other non-wheeling plans for that day...

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@Oh_shift We are n00bs for this! Our schedule has never quite worked out for us in the past. So few questions for you....
  • Decorations? Do people decorate their rigs for this?
  • Candy, is this a "Trunk or Treat" type of thing? Are there any food allergies for kids we need to be considerate to?
  • Also assuming there will be some sort of list of who's bringing what for the "pot luck" as the event gets closer?

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
@NotyourmomsWife (and others)
Please don't let any of these things hold you back on joining. It's just to add to the fun and uniqueness of the Spooky Night Run. If you're just here for the wheeling and will talk nicely during our breaks, come on out! Just don't pull a Creed Bratton:

• Decorations? Do people decorate their rigs for this?
All in the spirit of the season - nothing official/required but fun to do.
Previous years I've seen:
  • Spider webs over roof racks
  • skeletons on antennas
  • string lights around roof racks
  • RGB changing rock lights
Not required, but something to just have fun with.

• Candy, is this a "Trunk or Treat" type of thing? Are there any food allergies for kids we need to be considerate to?
Not a "trunk or treat" thing, just going with the season of handing out free candy to kids. (no unmarked white vans allowed)
Think setting a bowl out on your tailgate for people to walk by and grab a piece.

Allergies are always important to consider.

• Also assuming there will be some sort of list of who's bringing what for the "pot luck" as the event gets closer?
The "pot luck" aspect stopped once COVID changed everything. We're probably in a better situation to start sharing again, but some may have a different level of comfort.

I'll leave that to the masses: Bring enough for you and a little more to share around a "campfire"/propane heater... If you are comfortable sharing, post up what you plan to bring to share if you want to be generous (and act pre-COVID).

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Perfect! thank you so much for the info. I'll have to talk to the fam and see what they would like and we can most likely bring enough of whatever to share!
Now to start shopping for truck spooky decor lol (the boys will LOVE that)

Also seeing this as a potential opportunity to have a power outlet added to the back of my truck (looking at you @Notyourmomslx450 😜)

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Perfect! thank you so much for the info. I'll have to talk to the fam and see what they would like and we can most likely bring enough of whatever to share!
Now to start shopping for truck spooky decor lol (the boys will LOVE that)

Also seeing this as a potential opportunity to have a power outlet added to the back of my truck (looking at you @Notyourmomslx450 😜)
Ohh man I was just thinking of finding some orange string lights to put on my roof and then I remembered that I just found out the other day that my back outlet is dead. Hopefully it's just a blown fuse ><

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Ohh man I was just thinking of finding some orange string lights to put on my roof and then I remembered that I just found out the other day that my back outlet is dead. Hopefully it's just a blown fuse ><
amazon has battery string lights!