• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

source for electrical connectors?

Beater

Hard Core 4+
anyone have a source to buy bulk quanitities of crimp on connectors and butt connectors? You know, non-individually wrapped?

I bought a bulk kit once upon and time, and need to refill.

thanks in advance

j

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
JB Saunders in Boulder is my only hit this morning for bulk. I've never seen a website on them. McMaster-Carr has butts and such only in 10 pks, iirc.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Home Depot carries 100 packs of various crimp connectors. Might look at Grainger, too.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member

jacdaw

Hard Core 4+
How could I forget DigiKey? I made the mistake when placing an order of saying yes to receive their catalog in the mail. It's bigger than the Metro Yellow Pages. It's like they say, "Here, you throw this away for us..."

Beater

Hard Core 4+
thanks all - i like the commerce city thing. I work at 40th and colorado, so that's good.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
How could I forget DigiKey? I made the mistake when placing an order of saying yes to receive their catalog in the mail. It's bigger than the Metro Yellow Pages. It's like they say, "Here, you throw this away for us..."

Heh. I remember when Digikey's printed catalog was about 20 pages. But like printed Toyota Trails, sometimes it's more convenient than online.

I went to buy some weatherpack connectors from Waytek the week before last, and their shopping cart was super-lame. Waytek's got great stuff but it wouldn't let me put more than one item in. :confused:

Buying stuff from digikey online is still super-easy.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I've had good luck and pricing with Parts Express for bulk electrical stuff (wire, heat shrink, sleeving, connectors)

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=400&CFID=5736484&CFTOKEN=60317661

And Digikey has a boatload of stuff if you know very specifically what you need, or need something specialized:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=1442842&k=quick%20disconnect

I'll second the Parts Express. I've also purchased from another place on-line...I think it was called WiringProducts.com?

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Martin, you truly are a hero.

thanks!

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
x2. Great link Martin.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I'll second the Parts Express. I've also purchased from another place on-line...I think it was called WiringProducts.com?

I'll 3rd Parts Express, although I haven't bought from them in several years, I have bought a lot of stuff and always had a great experience.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know of a source locally for Weatherpack connectors? I just need a single, 1 pin female connector, but I don't really want to spend $10 to ship $2 worth of connectors.

Preferably north side....

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Just ordered and received a bunch of stuff from this site. Great customer service and quick delivery.

http://www.elecdirect.com/

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I asked for Weatherpack connectors when I was buying stuff to relocate my CB in my 60 prior to Moab, and NAPA said they could order them in but did not stock them. Kinda the same as just ordering online as far as I was concerned.