• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Soliciting interest: 2020 trails, events, skills

Beach Boy

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I will be up in the Big Horn mountains and that area after the Black Hills Rally, if I am still up that way I would love to join with the Morrison Jeep Trail depending on dates.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I will be up in the Big Horn mountains and that area after the Black Hills Rally, if I am still up that way I would love to join with the Morrison Jeep Trail depending on dates.
We've got 14-16 Aug as tentative dates now so that should work well with the Rally.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
@DomOfTheDead 15 Aug 2020 for Kelly Flats is fine. We have something every weekend in August and it's okay to double up. Also, the Morrison run will likely be a joint deal with Wasatch Cruisers so the 8 remaining slots (10 total) will be split between the two clubs. Therefore not a lot of people can go on the Morrison in August 2020.

Shall I add your Kelly Flats run to the RS Calendar on 15 Aug 2020?

Yes. Please add to the RS calendar and i will start a trip thread for it. Thanks Jeff!

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I will be out of town for the middle st vrain trip but should be able to tail gun the kelly flats trip.

tancruiser

Trail Ready
I was looking for some good runs up in Steamboat last summer and didn't see much. What do you like to run up there? Anything that's good for an off-road trailer and camping along the way?
Mt Farwell is probably the best trail up this way with unlimited camping there is also the Ellis trails that goes into Wyoming

Jameson

Rising Sun Member
Mt Farwell is probably the best trail up this way with unlimited camping there is also the Ellis trails that goes into Wyoming
I'll check them out!

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Not a member yet but hoping to join by Summer... can I post here? If not please delete.

If anyone is planning a run up Blanca late summer or early fall please let me know. Trying to finish my 14er list this year and would prefer to drive to Lake Como for base camp instead of walking walk the road.

Plan would be to head up to lake como on a Friday. Little Bear, Blanca, and Ellingwood on Saturday. Head out on Sunday. Should be a good mix of driving and scrambling for a high adrenaline weekend.

ry303

Wincher
I think it would be great to do the same obstacle in other peoples trucks to be able to get an idea of how each truck felt. So like doing an easy obstacle in an fj40, then the same obstacle in an 80, and again in a 100, 200, 4runner, taco... etc. Maybe even stock compared to built.
Obviously it would have to be an easier trail with an easy obstacle with a good spotter - we don't want to bash or break someone else's rig!!

And I'm good for a noob run, family run, and hopefully a snow bash!!

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Just a thought, there are a few of us that have buggy and buggyish built rigs. Just wondering if there might be interest in a Chinaman / Carnage weekend. We can camp at the base and run either and or both trails.
Ran Carnage for the first time last year and it was a blast.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Just a thought, there are a few of us that have buggy and buggyish built rigs. Just wondering if there might be interest in a Chinaman / Carnage weekend. We can camp at the base and run either and or both trails.
Ran Carnage for the first time last year and it was a blast.
@PhatFJ That sounds great! Can you lead it? Just pick a date and post up the run on the 4 Wheeling and Event Staging Area here. I'm happy to help coordinate but I don't have a buggy (although I'd love to be a rider!).

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
@PhatFJ That sounds great! Can you lead it? Just pick a date and post up the run on the 4 Wheeling and Event Staging Area here. I'm happy to help coordinate but I don't have a buggy (although I'd love to be a rider!).

So, could I lead it, probably. I have only run CC twice and had leaders with great experience. We might be better off with Uncle Ben leading due to his experiance level but we can work it out. It really is a great experiance even to ride, the exit is like WOW..

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
So, could I lead it, probably. I have only run CC twice and had leaders with great experience. We might be better off with Uncle Ben leading due to his experiance level but we can work it out. It really is a great experiance even to ride, the exit is like WOW..
Awesome! Calling @Uncle Ben ...

Yeti

Rising Sun Member
I really enjoyed the noobs run last fall and would to love to bring some new prospects to an event like that.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I really enjoyed the noobs run last fall and would to love to bring some new prospects to an event like that.
@Yeti, we have the next Noobs run on the RS calendar for May 30, 2020. Bring a few friends!

We have not posted an organizing thread on the 4 Wheeling and Event Staging Area. @jps8460 will get to that in the near future.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
I was thinking about this earlier this week.... are there any rockhounds in the group? I would be interested in some paning/sluesing or mining of minerals. Does anyone know of any trails that would access some good places?
I've panned around Rollins Pass and there's aquamarine on My. Antero around 12,300. I'd be interested in a trip to pan/rock hound.