So I welded my eyes shut...

Beater

Hard Core 4+
make sure on plasma glasses, that you utilize ones with full ultraviolet a/b filtration, in addition to the shade 8. shade 5 for acetylene may not be enough. I feel it is with a&b, without it though, forget it.

j

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
These were made for plasma.
Didn't do anything for the rest of my face though!
Mask next time if I'm doing anything as extensive as a SAS.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
ok, I wore my mask for all but a few tacks this weekend and I did it again! I guess it is time for a new mask. This hurts.:hill:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Are you sure it was't the meteorite you saw Friday night? :p:

T

ok, I wore my mask for all but a few tacks this weekend and I did it again! I guess it is time for a new mask. This hurts.:hill:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
It is official, I have arc eye. Good lord this hurts.

I do think I figured out what is doing it though. I was pretty good about using my helmet when welding. It is the glasses that came with the torch that are not protecting my eyes. I believe the UV goes right through them. My eyes feel like there is sand in them and it really hurts to look at bright lights.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I went to the doc today and he drilled out a nice piece of metal from my eye. It had been there awhile and had began to rust. All the rust needed to be drilled out. Good times.

I went to the doc today and he drilled out a nice piece of metal from my eye. It had been there awhile and had began to rust. All the rust needed to be drilled out. Good times.

haha, told you that would be a good time, should have touched wood when i was telling you that story.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Back in the 80s, I got some rust in one of my contact lenses. That was when a single lens was like $120. But that was far better than getting my eye drilled!