So I welded my eyes shut...

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I have a sunburn on my eyelids from welding. I don't think I have ever done that before. This is my psa for the day :hill:

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 281

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
That is with my eyes open. I am guessing Perry looks about the same after St Patrick's day. :lmao:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
potato slices.... seriously. just like you see photo's of women with cucumbers on their eyes..

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
This was a few quick fills without the helmet. Usually just tack welds and I never look at the light:eek: It really hurts so I don't think I'll be doing that again.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I was watching one of those Monster Garage shows a few weeks ago.. it was a Hotrod one. Anyway this guy was welding with no helmet & no mask, just eye glasses. Every time he'd zap it he'd just close his eyes, so he'd line it up, blink, pull the trigger. Line it up, blink, pull the trigger. He was actually pretty good and was doing sheet metal on an El Camino tailgate.. got in a fight with the boss later on in the show.

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
BTDT - Never burned my eyelids, but did burn my face while wearing goggles because they were easier to weld with in the tight spots on the Scout. I know an old bodyman that almost never wears a helmet. He just squints. Been doing it for years and can still see. I don't know how. :eek:

Beater

Hard Core 4+
This was a few quick fills without the helmet. Usually just tack welds and I never look at the light:eek: It really hurts so I don't think I'll be doing that again.

you just need to build up more scar tissue.. it is a pain like no other...

wesintl

RS Moderator
I've burned my actual eyes once out on the snow pack. I'm sure eyelids are just a painful.

My eyes watered all day and night and was so painful.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
...hurts something fierce :eek:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+

Get an good auto darkning helmet....makes life very easy! Worth thier weight in gold! ....then again for a good one you will pay for thier weight in gold!

Chris

Hard Core 4+
Another one of those "Hmm, I'll never do that again!" things.

Flash burns on both eyes welding many years ago, spent 24 hours blind.

Yep, just that once.

Hang in there, tomorrow will be a better day.

IanB

...hurts something fierce :eek:

I bet. I once decided, in my infinite wisdom, that since TIG has no splatter (I was welding in shorts and tevas) and it was hot as hell in the garage that I didn't need a t-shirt to weld either. First degree arc flash burns :eek:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I would think having doctor look you over would not be a bad thing. :eek:

Forced OT from now to 10:00pm then 10:00pm to 2:00am then 3:00am to 7:30pm and then more....

Why did the government change DST? Why....? It's like Y2K all over again...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Mike, be careful. That UV will burn now, and do nasty things later. Like basal cell carcinoma. You definitely do NOT want that going on with your eyelids, as it simply has to be cut off before it destroys all the remaining tissue!
Ask me how I know.... nice scar on my nose.

Aloe vera will do wonders in the short run.

But did I learn? no... I got a light sunburn from plasma cutting doing my son's SAS, used the dark glasses designed for plasma - but got the sunburn. Told me I still was not careful enough.

Darn ancestors living in the fog their whole lives.......

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
People pay good money for chemical peels. This was much cheaper and even does the eyelids :D