• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Snow and Pizza Run Planning

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
I love driving in the snow, but no winch. Lifted, locked and 33's, but no winch. Maybe Santa will bring me a winch....maybe not.

I am in as a 4,300 lb snowplow only....do you need a snowplow?

I am looking forward to it.

Happy Holiday's

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I'm in the same boat with you. I'm open with 33s so if you can't make it neither can I.

It doesn't help that I only have about 5/32s left on my 33 BFGs, either.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Here is the "report" from last year...One thing to note...80s sink :hill:

No Kidding they do. And a 4000 pound 40 has a heck of a time yanking Oleg's 6000 pound 80 out of a snowdrift, but I've done it.

I would prefer the 3rd also.

And from what I've seen and heard, if REALLY deep snow, chains may actually cause more problems than they help. Never tried them myself on my Land Cruisers - used to use them on my F*rd F150 2WD on snow and ice packed roads though. We use them on our 4WD ATV at work for plowing. They work good in less than a foot. I would guess than when you get over that snow depth a bit of float is probably not a bad idea, and chains dig you in, down deeper until you high center.

Last edited:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
There is no one answer to the chain thing. Good, bad - I don't know because there are so many variables.

I just got my new Micky Thompson's put on today so I ain't chainin' up.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Looks like we will have another great turn out.

No fair buying new tires Scott...................We'll be playing catch up now:p:

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Still lookin' for a ride...:D

Will pay for gas...

If I can get my 6 year old son in the rig I'll pay for all the gas...

...have radio will travel...:)

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Still lookin' for a ride...:D

Will pay for gas...]

Corsair23...thanks for posting last year run. I would definitely be in over my head, pun intended!!!

I'm out with my truck, but would love to go if anyone needs a "snow digger" or if the group wants a historian (picture/video taker)? I am very new to a lot of this and would love to learn more about winching/recovery if you guys are willing to have a newbie tag-along. Just let me know if you're willing to have a co-pilot (and, unfortunately, extra WEIGHT in your vehicle). I am also willing to pay for gas.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
If my wife decides not to go I will post up the empty seat. This may be last minute hopefully it will work. There are some 80's going that have lots of room maybe one of them will come to the rescue................just be ready to shovel:D