• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Snow and Pizza Run Planning

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
So the snow conditions up Yankee Hill are good now but getting worse fast. It seems like the 2nd half above the "Poser" parking lot is now out of reach for normal rigs like me, yet the bottom sections are light and fluffy with only about a foot of snow.

I could lead a run on both Jan. 3rd and Jan.17th. Both are Saturdays. We won't know how much new snow will fall but my gut feeling is by Jan 17th we will be struggling on the very bottom road like we have on the last several runs which I would like to avoid.

So I would like to propose a few options.

A. We do it on Jan 3rd while we still have a chance of getting around.

B. Someone else leads it on another weekend. I'm totally open to someone else leading this.

C. We run if on Jan. 17th and do the best we can like in years past. I know more people would be available at this time.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I'd be interested in the 3rd... work permitting :(

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
3rd

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Either and or any work for me. Now that I know my tire gauge is way off I can adjust my tires correctly and float like Bill did last year..................I hope.:eek:

Green chili sounds good, as a matter a fact I am eating a bowl at work right now. We may bring some too, sure to keep you warm and the nose running.........:thumb:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I might be down for the 3rd. I need to outdistance the 1/4 mile I traveled on last year's run......

mtncrsr

Lifted
Double Rats!! I will be out of town the 3rd and have my daughters bithday party on the 17th.

This sounds like fun. I may be in have to see what the schedule looks like. I like the 3rd so far. Have to see how it goes the next few weeks with my PUP. But would like to make it.

Kenny

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
If folks are having issues with the dates, might I suggest Sundays?:D

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Well I looked it up and we did do the last Pizza Run on the 1st weekend of Jan. It sounds like that would be the best option this year also.

Glen

Sounds like a good time. I'd like to make it if work permits. This'll be my first run with ya'll if no one minds.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Sunday the 4th or 18th would work for me too, Saturdays don't work.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Sounds like a good time. I'd like to make it if work permits. This'll be my first run with ya'll if no one minds.

Welcome Glen. Look forward to meeting you and seeing another sweet 3rd Gen.

If we move it to Sunday, my experience is we would have about the same amount of people would would prefer Saturdays.

Glen

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
If we move it to Sunday, my experience is we would have about the same amount of people would would prefer Saturdays.

I agree, Sundays are bad on several levels for more people I think. You have church, football, family gatherings and of course the lazy day!:rolleyes:

I am good with the 3rd or the 17th, just let me know.

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
I just posted the run for the 3rd in another thread. It's a sticky in this section.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Need tire chains?

I'd be up for this is my vehicle has what it takes. I don't know anything about this run or what my vehicle should have? I would have to either buy some tire chains or borrow from someone (285/75/16). If my unlocked 80 can do it (by your estimations), I'm in for the 3rd.

Thanks.

Glen

I'm in the same boat with you. I'm open with 33s so if you can't make it neither can I.