Rubithon Carnage Pics

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
There is a paint store over on Santa Fe & Hampden (just south and west) can't remember the name. You have to be traveling south on Santa Fe and turn right the first street after Hampden to get there. They will mix it up for you based on your color code. Works good for trail carnage.
Painter's Supply. They are a good 3M and Meguiar's dealer, too.

http://www.painterssupply.net/

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
I've not been thrilled with Painter's Supply paints.

I have, on the other hand, been extremely pleased with Allen Paint, 141 S. Broadway. Very knowledgeable. I painted my wife's motorcycle with some of their Acme polyurethane about 20 years ago, and it still has a hard-as-nails glass smooth finish in Porsche Guard's Red. Great stuff. They give excellent advice and will explain everything to you.

Painters Supply, not so much.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Painter's Supply :thumb:

That's where I got all my paint for my fiberglass top job :thumb:
Speaking of fiberglass, the single best source for materials is Plasticare, south a bit further from Painter's Supply. They are on Natches Ct., just south of Oxford and west of Santa Fe. Literally everything plastic, fiberglass, resin and epoxy there is to find.

http://www.plasticareinc.com/

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
After Rubithon Carnage

So yesterady I tear down my front axle and pull the diff to replace the bolt broken last year that the Rubithon made leak. Those diffs are heavy. I am just a weakling since I saw Ben easily just hoist it up and line it up. Dropped the damn diff while trying to line it up and smashed my finger. All purple on the backside and half the nail is black.

Was suppose to play in a Golf Tournament tomorrow, can't swing a club now

Attachments

• PICT0010.jpg
    PICT0010.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 278

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Ouch! :eek:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Ouch! Yeah Dave I used Plasticare for all my fiberglass needs, just the paint went to Painters Supply. And yeah Bill now that you mention it I didn't get completely good vibes from those guys, maybe I'll try this other place next time.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Well, rock rash on the Ricecakes flares is almost a memory! Need to block sand and shoot the clear coat tomorrow but all but the front section of the passenger side rear are done. That flare took more damage than I first thought but it too will mostly disappear. Just need to easy out all the sheared zerks on the driveshafts and install the sway bays with new links and I'll be mall ready again! I also have a sheared bolt on the cross member/skid plate and one on the left wing of the rear bumper but those should be fairly easy to get out as I always use anti-seize on chassis bolts.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Dropped the damn diff while trying to line it up and smashed my finger. All purple on the backside and half the nail is black.

Sorry to hear it, Ken! It's not just 40s that are knuckle busters! :(

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
So yesterady I tear down my front axle and pull the diff to replace the bolt broken last year that the Rubithon made leak. Those diffs are heavy. I am just a weakling since I saw Ben easily just hoist it up and line it up. Dropped the damn diff while trying to line it up and smashed my finger. All purple on the backside and half the nail is black.

Was suppose to play in a Golf Tournament tomorrow, can't swing a club now
wuss. junk won't ever let me live this down, so i'll pass on the love:D

http://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat-section/35537-dont-think-my-40-wants-its-new-gears.html

you haven't really worked on your cruiser until you've bled.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Matt: "Did I just hear something go 'bang'?" :eek:

Attachments

• Farr go bang.JPG
    Farr go bang.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Farr go bang 2.JPG
    Farr go bang 2.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 233

Beater

Hard Core 4+

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It's the Boy Scout in me: "Be Prepared." I was also wearing brown pants.