Rocky Mountain Toyota Roundup

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The 2024 event will be Tuesday-Friday, July 23-26, 2024
Registration opens at 10 am on Saturday, Feb. 24
They are allowing 175 drivers/trucks to register this year.

https://www.rockymountaintoyotaroundup.com/

I thought this was interesting:
Driver tickets are only valid to purchaser!
We can no longer accept traded or resold tickets at the event.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Boo that it is only 100’s & up. What if we bring a 60 & a 40? That can’t fail!
None of those vehicles can go to the Solid Axle Summit, right?
Let the giant IFS boats have their cool event. I like those guys.

Burt88

Trail Ready
The Roundup was a great event last year and really well organized considering it was the first annual. This year should be great as well. What I liked most about it was that it's not a vendor oriented event like most others have become. Vendors participate and can show their products and get recognized as sponsors and such but there's no raffle or vendor night. It's a breath of fresh air being more about the activity than just the gear. They also used only a small handful organized trails that they ran 3 groups each day so everybody had an opportunity to run the trails they wanted. I think there were 5 or 6 trails to choose from each day and 3 times to choose each trail. The leaders were well oriented to the area too, as a result of years participating in FJ Summit. Also, there's dinner every night so everybody can congregate at the main event center and discuss the day's shenanigans.

I'm sure in time that the vendor focus will change when committee members evolve, just like all other events have done.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
What's the lodging/camping situation like?

Burt88

Trail Ready
What's the lodging/camping situation like?
At the moment there's no affiliated camping and everyone is on their own for accommodations. My friends here in Montrose have a new campground and I put them in contact with the organizers to try to work something out to offer an option tied to the event. Either way there's sure to be space at The Campers Hub, about 20min from event headquarters, and if something works out I provide coffee every morning at the campground.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I plan on attending

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member

Burt88

Trail Ready

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
I don't see anywhere that it is only 100s and newer…
From the announcement post:

We are gonna be bringing everything that has made COTR East great and adding even more! The Welcome Party and Cookout, Potluck Night, Dissent Off-Road Cornhole Tournament, Swap Meet, Catered Dinner, and of course Raffle Night will all be happening along with some new surprises!

There's still a lot of hard work to do before next July but rest assured this will be an event you don't want to miss! Just like the original Cruisers on the Rocks we are sticking to our guns and this will be a 100, 200, and 300 Series only event!

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
From the announcement post:

We are gonna be bringing everything that has made COTR East great and adding even more! The Welcome Party and Cookout, Potluck Night, Dissent Off-Road Cornhole Tournament, Swap Meet, Catered Dinner, and of course Raffle Night will all be happening along with some new surprises!

There's still a lot of hard work to do before next July but rest assured this will be an event you don't want to miss! Just like the original Cruisers on the Rocks we are sticking to our guns and this will be a 100, 200, and 300 Series only event!
Gotcha. I thought you were referring to the RMTR.

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Won the lottery and got a spot to RMTR! Always wanted to run the trails down there. Do I take the 80 or 100?

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I'll be there, too