• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Rising Sun Summer Picnic 2008 August 2nd

Will you be attending the summer picnic?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Sounds great, but we won't be making it Ken. Bummer, this is a great idea.

daughterofromer is Rachel:D

We will be bringing potluck whatever my wife and daughter decide upon.

Whats anyone else bringing?

Hants

Rising Sun Member
We'll be bringing a desert of some sort...

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Not going to be able to make it. With the Rally and Triple Bypass the next two weekends we are booked up

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for setting this up Rachel. Unfortunately I won't be able to make though. We will be doing our summer week long camp with the family starting that weekend.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Our AK trip is officially off for this year, so we will be making it. Two definitely, possibly three. I'll post up what we're bringing as the date gets closer. I'm leaning towards home made baked beans.

daughterofromer

Rising Sun Member
Our AK trip is officially off for this year, so we will be making it. Two definitely, possibly three. I'll post up what we're bringing as the date gets closer. I'm leaning towards home made baked beans.

Cool, anything you can bring would be great!

Sorry to hear about those of you who can't make.... bummer

wesintl

RS Moderator
I got it on the wifes radar. I'll figure out a dish that week, right now it's too far out with everything else goings on.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Well, looks like I cant make this one:( . Forgot about the book fair we(DCArtPress) is going to that weekend.

Sorry to bail, but I hope you guys have fun!:cheers:

:beer::beer:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Well, looks like I cant make this one:( . Forgot about the book fair we(DCArtPress) is going to that weekend.

Sorry to bail, but I hope you guys have fun!:cheers:

:beer::beer:

Sorry, we will miss you Perry.

Looking forward to a great Picnic:)

daughterofromer

Rising Sun Member
Hey everyone, I got the food all figured out for the picnic this saturday. I just wanted to post up because I found a great deal and they included some side dishes with all the meat so that way everyone can plan the potluck accordingly.

We will be having pulled pork, brisket, sausage, full racks of ribs, whole chickens with texas toast and the side dishes included are (3 pints of each) beans, chili, macaroni, and southern style cole slaw

Can't wait to see you all there!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
wow, sounds like a feast! My sister and I are doing a mini triathalon that morning so we will probably be out. Don't worry about any extra food for us, I am sure if we do make it there will be leftovers. if there aren't any and we do show up we'll figure something out i'm sure :)

thanks for organizing the event, I'll do my best to convince her it's a good Idea to come even if it is just to say hello :)

wesintl

RS Moderator
2 and kid. I'll figure out, along with the wifes help, what to bring.

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The wife, myself and our 2 year old daughter will be there. We are bringing a dessert, since it looks like the main courses and sides are well covered. This is a great idea - thanks for putting it together Rachel! :cool:

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'm probably out:(. Have to get the side of the house painted that day before the neighbor goes ballistic. Have a :drink: on me!

Hants

Rising Sun Member
Unfortunately, we're out, too.

We have 4 Korean University students staying with us. They are members of their university Taekwondo Demonstration Team. They have a demonstration scheduled for mid-afternoon down in the Springs. We just can't make the logistics work. :(

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Wow, just about everyone is bailing. Should we consider canceling this or maybe just running a trail instead? :confused:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Wow, just about everyone is bailing. Should we consider canceling this or maybe just running a trail instead? :confused:

That an exaggeration. We wil be having the picnic. I only see Hants and nathanial saying they cant come. I also see people who didn't say yes immediatley saying they could.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Sharon and I will be stopping by, we will riding the motorcycle so may not be able to bring much if anything. I am going to try and get the saddle bags mounted somehow, if that happens we can bring something. We'll only be there for a little while so don't worry about us.