Red Cone: "Medium Core" Run for August 19

74fj40

Hard Core 4+
thanks matt!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Hulk said:
THIS JUST IN...

Looks like the FJ Cruiser Trail Team will join us for Red Cone. Cool!

Dang, hoped they would join the penrose crew:eek: :hill:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
lx450landcrusier said:
i think the girlfriend and i will try and make this as well. if that alright with you?
mike

Sounds good. :)

D

DoughBoy

I'd like to join up with the guys doing red cone if that is all right with everyone. I drive a stock 1993 80 with some mild body damage

nelson

Cross us off the list. Looks like Richard has a good friend visiting us on Saturday. He's in Loveland from Chicago on business and it's the only day to see him. BUMMER! I wanted to see the FJ Cruisers Wheel!

Have fun and stay safe.

Carrie

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Carrie, you can drive... :)

DoughBoy, we'll see you at the meeting spot.

nelson

Hulk said:
Carrie, you can drive... :)

DoughBoy, we'll see you at the meeting spot.

That's what Richard just said. That "rocky ascent" looks a little intimidating to me and this is not the wheeling truck I am used to by any means. I don't want to be the one to put a dent in the LX first! We did give it a little ride height adjustment a few weeks ago- gained 1 3/4 inches! Also got a CB hooked up the weekend after the Ghost Town run- better late than never.

Oh well, maybe if my jitters wear off I might be there, but don't wait on me. ;)

C

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Matt, Rachel says she needs to be homw by 4. I am guessing that means she won't be able to make the run. What do you think?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Romer said:
Matt, Rachel says she needs to be homw by 4. I am guessing that means she won't be able to make the run. What do you think?

Might be tight, depending on how big the group gets and how slow we go. Charles Wells' book estimates 3.5 hours. I figure we'll be on the trail by 10:30 at the latest after airing down, since we'll leave the Bailey gas station at 9:30. That could mean finishing by 2:00. Maybe. No guarantees. And if someone breaks, we'll fix 'em on the trail, same as always. So it could be later and probably will be.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Hulk said:
THIS JUST IN...

Looks like the FJ Cruiser Trail Team will join us for Red Cone. Cool!

It will be the West Coast team. Robbie and Chris are both on a short but well needed vacation. :thumb:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
is anybody running red cone from a northern or central denver location? i've got friends from out of town that will be taking my 60 on the run, but i won't be going as mike and are will be ironing out final details for the rally. i'm looking for someone to caravan with my friends to the meeting place.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Chance of rain 40% (pretty high for CO). Rainy in the morning, clearing, then thundershowers. I would say the timing is pretty good for expected conditions, as later in the day up top on Red Cone could get a little interesting.

Does a 4Runner with a soft top have sufficient topside metal structure to still act as a Faraday cage? Hmmmmm?

Buh..ZOTT!

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
MARTIN said:
Sounds like a fun trail. I'm not so sure my trusty drum brakes would be up for that steeeeep descent though. !:eek:
Brakes aren't the hot setup. Gears are. Too much brake, the rear unloads anyway. You definitely do NOT want the rear to try to pass the front. That would be a nasty off-camber.

Matt/hulk:
doug tebbe here,96 tacoma, i have some health issues iam dealing with this
past week or so(lingering problems from time in military/viet-nam)
not sure if i can make the red cone run or the ralley on sunday. these problems come and go,some times they will last only a few days,other times
they can really drag on! if had to make a decision tonight,it would be no,but
iam going to wait till tomorrow morning to see how iam feeling! iam loooking
forward to the run,never done red cone before or seen the fj team in
action,anyway just wanted to let some one know,hope to see you in the
morning!

doug tebbe/96m tacoma