• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Re-gear Question

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Probably. I'm definitely pushing maximum density with the ARB front bumper/winch, sliders, full undercarriage armor, Slee rear bumper, drawers, roof rack, RTT, awning, and a fridge/freezer.

The damn thing has always been slow. 285 vs. 295 tires is the least of my weight problems. My 2UZ hates me. :ROFLMAO: :banghead:
Its not like you would be "fast" without all that stuff and that is why the 100 series is great. I remember when I first got mine and my wife asked "If you have a V8, why isn't it faster?"

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Its not like you would be "fast" without all that stuff and that is why the 100 series is great. I remember when I first got mine and my wife asked "If you have a V8, why isn't it faster?"
I totally agree. I wasn't looking to win any races when I bought it. I just wanted to go places. :D

On the other hand, my 200 with a Pedal Commander... whoa... :ROFLMAO:

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
I would at least recommend calling Cruiser Outfitters about the transfer case gears. I don't think you can find anyone who will be more honest than Kurt and his crew. They will tell you the good and the bad without reservation. I also really like the 3.11 to 1 low range gears in my truck. They make a big difference and could be done at the same time as the other high range transfer case gears. I have 4.88s and you can drive my truck if you want, but then you will just want a supercharger as well....

If I was building a 100 with F/R lockers already, I would most likely just do the transfer case gears.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Just went through this thread since I am also looking to regear and add lockers this year. I have an 80 but same general questions regarding the process, options, install cost, ect.

If you are looking to cut down on cost Cruiser Outfitters does sell built 3rd members if you want to DIY the install. After watching many OTTRAM videos I do not think I would be comfortable setting gears but the rest of the install does not seem too involved. If I remember right his quote for me was around 6k. That did not include shipping. It was also for 4.88s and Harrops. He did say it would be quite a bit cheaper if I was okay with a week or so of downtime and sent him my current 3rds for the setup as they can reuse some parts and save a bit on labor.

I will echo all of the positive recommendations regarding Kurt. I have ordered quite a few parts from him and he is a great guy to deal with and bounce questions around with.

I have also considered the xfer case gears but want to install lockers. I go back and forth on that since the 80 has been performing so well for my needs without them.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
I think if anyone is thinking about regearing because they think their rig is slow then they should swap rigs with me for a bit. A 3fe powered 80 on 35’s and stock gearing changes your perspective on what is slow and fast. 🤣