Random Pictures Thread

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
License plate I saw on the road yesterday.

IMG_3449.jpeg

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
love that square body! the cruiser is cool too

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
my family didn't appreciate the humor here. Anyone? @SteveH ?

IMG_5127.jpg

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Err....how does a restaurant know about Toyota 653 Olive as a color - I presume you put that in the ticket?

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Olives to go with your tacos and whiskey sours. Brilliant!

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Today's Fall pics.
IMG_1701.jpeg
IMG_1703.jpeg

Jenny Cruiser

Hard Core 4+
Some might know December 4, 1956. These are from December 4, 2021.
IMG_1735.jpeg
IMG_1751.jpeg

PhillyB77

Took the Tundra's out yesterday (buddy has the white one). Good times, while it handled the snow well I figured it was getting a little sketchy. Still fun, the war wagon is a beast. On the way back I came across two ladies in a Dodge 1500 from TX, bald tires, 2wd, half hanging off the side of an incline in the snow. Hooked up the Warn 12k winch, yanked them out. Then had to turn the tundra around and tow them up the road as they had no traction. Texans....nice ladies however completely ill equipped. I used the D ring through my plug type connector for the first time (as opposed to the typical winch hook) and a bubba rope attachment to their tow hook, worked like a charm.
IMG_1997.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

PhillyB77

Final thoughts on winches. I had a 12k Smittybilt, total POS. It actually caught on fire. 4WP warrantied it out and got me into the Warn, much better and I switched from steel cable to synthetic. Trying to wind up the steel cable in deep snow...cussing. Ever since switching to synthetic winching out vehicles has been much easier, and so much easier to wind up the rope.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Final thoughts on winches. I had a 12k Smittybilt, total POS. It actually caught on fire. 4WP warrantied it out and got me into the Warn, much better and I switched from steel cable to synthetic. Trying to wind up the steel cable in deep snow...cussing. Ever since switching to synthetic winching out vehicles has been much easier, and so much easier to wind up the rope.
I have a 12k Smittybuilt synthetic. It's been a workhorse. Last summer I shortened the length of the rope to help with the wrap/power output. Never had an issue with the winch, just the the idiot California Jeep guy that seemed to have his brakes on when I was pulling him from the snow he was stuck in and it pulled my rope off the reel... There were a few factors in play there that I've since fixed with more winching experience.