• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Pre-New Year's Run - Slaughterhouse - Thurs 12/30/21

twopullupeddie

New-ish
Thanks again @ErikM for putting together this run. It was an excellent opportunity for me to get familiar with the 200.
Greybeard was impressive leading the way, especially through the water holes.
@coloradoadams son did a great job driving and showing me some lines.

Great time and can't wait to hit more trails in the future.

Chris LC Climbing Slaugterhouse.jpeg
Salughterhouse 30 Jan 21_1.jpeg
Slaughterhouse 30 Jan 21_2.jpeg

Old Man Greybeard

Rock Stacker
It was a great day at Slaughterhouse with some great people. Thanks @twopullupeddie and @coloradoadams for bringing your families out to join in the fun.

The trail was mostly covered with snow as seen in the photos above, but there was plenty of dirt showing at the playground that we all went up the left trail (harder...allegedly). We 1-shot everything.

The ice holes proved to be the biggest challenges. There was a big one, just before the playground, that took its toll on all of us, especially Greybeard who now needs a new bumper due to briefcase size chunks embedded in my grill. They took out my driver-side fog light and turn signal framework. The lights look like they're in workable order, just the brackets holding them in place got smashed good.

I'll upload some more photos tomorrow after everything is uploaded, except this obligatory airing-up shot

airing up.png

Old Man Greybeard

Rock Stacker
and this obligatory photo of Greybeard's busted lip and the offending chunk of ice that did the busting, after it too was busted into many pieces
greybeard's busted lip.jpg

twopullupeddie

New-ish
When I first saw the cookie-pan sized piece of ice sticking out of the bumper, I thought you guys put it there as a joke or something. I was thoroughly confused for a minute. When you pulled it out I was shocked that it didn't do more damage actually.