Outlaws Run 2006

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Just about a week away....

My co-pilot (in addition to Zan & Jayna) will be a guy named Steve Selwyn. Steve is a good friend and like a second dad to me - he spent as much time raising me as my parents! He's coming from upstate NY.

We may drive part way (like to GJ) Wednesday or leave at daybreak Thursday.

Last edited:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Alright, here is who I have listed as going so far...

-Daniel Markofsky and passanger
-Nathaniel Miller
-Dan Reinmuth
-Chris Fryman aka FryDaddy
-Perry Loughridge

and i'm going to count Uncle Ben since he posted, and has to bring the :beer: :hill:

Looking forward to the run, should be lots of fun:cool: . I will be heading out this saturday in the am, hope to make it to just past Hanksville, then continue on to the Henry's.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Nope....no UB! Gotta score up as many brownie points as possible for the winter projects!:bowdown: :Princess: ;)

bh4rnnr said:
Alright, here is who I have listed as going so far...

-Daniel Markofsky and passanger
-Nathaniel Miller
-Dan Reinmuth
-Chris Fryman aka FryDaddy
-Perry Loughridge

and i'm going to count Uncle Ben since he posted, and has to bring the :beer: :hill:

Looking forward to the run, should be lots of fun:cool: . I will be heading out this saturday in the am, hope to make it to just past Hanksville, then continue on to the Henry's.

bh4rnnr

Uncle Ben said:
Nope....no UB! Gotta score up as many brownie points as possible for the winter projects!:bowdown: :Princess: ;)

You'll have to excuse my ignorance since i'm not married, but what are these "Brownie Points" you speak of:confused: . After a certain number, does the wife make you a batch of brownies:confused: :hill: :brick: :bolt:

bh4rnnr

So here are some of the routes i'm thinking about for the first part of the week(if any one is interested...) One route to get into the Henrys i'm thinking about is Town wash and Bull Mountain trail. From there, continue south to Bull Creek pass, hopefully finding camp near Pennellen Pass. Planning on camping there for two days. Looking at doing Copper Ridge trail(not the one near Arches by the way..) one of those days. Some good history on one of the Spanish mines in the area. After exploring the Henrys, I will make my way back to Green River to meet with the rest of the group. One thought is to take the Hans Flat road to Saucer Basin and Lower San Rafael rd into Green River. Don't have much info right now on that route, so might hold up till another date....

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Hey Perry are there any maps or books that you would recomend for the area that we will be in.
Dan

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
bh4rnnr said:
You'll have to excuse my ignorance since i'm not married, but what are these "Brownie Points" you speak of:confused: . After a certain number, does the wife make you a batch of brownies:confused: :hill: :brick: :bolt:

Lets just say that if you don't make enough "brownie points," you can still go wheeling or working on the truck as much as you want, you just can't go home! :eek: :bowdown: :Princess: Brownie points are a good thing....the more you accumulate the higher value each one has! :thumb:
naughty.gif

....silly :perry:

bh4rnnr

Convert said:
Hey Perry are there any maps or books that you would recomend for the area that we will be in.
Dan

Dan, the maps I have been using are the National Geographic, latest updated one includes the roads in the wilderness boundries for the swell(old ones didnt.. Pass Patrol has some good guide books of the area. Utah Adventures also has some slight info on the area. Daniel and myself also have the travel managment maps. Thats what I got for right now on the area...

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Perry

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Time to Hammer Out the Details!

Ok fellow outlaws. With Perry leaving tomorrow I wanted to put my information out here and swap with the rest and see who is going. My current plan is to head out Wednesday with Steve (and my dogs) and probably stay the night in Grand Junction.

My Info:
Daniel@Markofsky.com
Cell: 303 725 9393

I'm driving a green 80, ARB, Snorkel, etc.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Maps: the National Geographic one is the Trails illustrated #712. That plus the Travel Management plans we got out there two years ago are all we have - its remote country!

Anyone have a fire pan?

bh4rnnr

Just about all packed up. Get gas then i'm on my way. See you guys out there

720-308-3290

Convert

Hard Core 4+
No fire pan here, do we need one ? I have never back country camped in Utah just planning the the same as colorado

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
DanielMarkofsky said:
Ok fellow outlaws. With Perry leaving tomorrow I wanted to put my information out here and swap with the rest and see who is going. My current plan is to head out Wednesday with Steve (and my dogs) and probably stay the night in Grand Junction.

My Info:
Daniel@Markofsky.com
Cell: 303 725 9393

I'm driving a green 80, ARB, Snorkel, etc.

My tenative plan as of right now is to head out @ 4AM on thursday. That gives me 8 hours to get to Green river. At 345 miles, averaging 55 MPH, I would hope that is more than enough. Can't leave the night before. I'll be in the silver '85 FJ60, snorkel, arb.

Cell: 303-885-5571

If I knew what we needed for a fire pan, I might be able to make one.

wesintl

RS Moderator
whoa 8 hours :eek: it's shorter to green river than moab, only one exit (I think) past the turn south to moab. 6 should be plenty and you know how slow my truck is.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
wesintl said:
whoa 8 hours :eek: it's shorter to green river than moab, only one exit (I think) past the turn south to moab. 6 should be plenty and you know how slow my truck is.

Just want to be sure I am there and ready when Perry yells "giddy-up!"

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
OK. I'm planning to see you all at the truck stop. Noon (or 5AM for Nathanial!). Thursday. Frydaddy - you still in?

Remember lots of water and extra gas.

Also, bring a shovel. Perry says there has been LOTS of rain and we can expect washouts (fun!)

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Im leaving Thursday morning 5ish. Getting gear rounded up tonight. I'll be driving a red 80 with a roof rack. See you guys at the truck stop
Dan:thumb:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Return of the Outlaws

We are Back! Perry, Dan (Convert) and Nathaniel (Convert) and I made it back in mostly one piece. A bit muddier but no worse for wear and planning the 2007 run!

Attachments

• Outlaws Run 2006 - Muddy Dan and Perry.JPG
    Outlaws Run 2006 - Muddy Dan and Perry.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 200
  • Outlaws Run 2006 Logo.JPG
    Outlaws Run 2006 Logo.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 205

Convert

Hard Core 4+
DanielMarkofsky said:
We are Back! Perry, Dan (Convert) and Nathaniel (Convert) and I made it back in mostly one piece. A bit muddier but no worse for wear and planning the 2007 run!

Nathaniel is Groucho, Daniel I can't resist. Inukshuk, Inukshuk, Inshuk,Inoksuk
Did I spell it right yet ? This is going to stick Daniel we must change your Forum name:beer: :beer: :beer: :thumb: