Outlaws Run 2006

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Outlaws Run 2006: Meet Thursday October 12th @ high noon:)hill: ), we will meet at the west winds truck stop. After fuel and food we will head west to the Swell. Plan on back country camping. Food, Water and GAS are a must. We will not see civilization for the next few days. Most roads we will be exploring can be done in a stocker. Recomend good driver experiance. We will be exploring areas frequented by the Wild Bunch and Butch Cassidy(hence the name of the run;) ).

We will be on cb channel 4.

Return Sunday October 15th 2006.

Any questions please contact Daniel Markofsky or myself. Look forward to seeing all of ya out there:beer: .

Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Ooohhh...that's my fall break...would work from Friday through Monday...not sure if I could swing a Wedn-Sun with my school schedule :(

bh4rnnr

subzali said:
Ooohhh...that's my fall break...would work from Friday through Monday...not sure if I could swing a Wedn-Sun with my school schedule :(

That's what we have done the last two years. Meet mid day Friday and head home Monday(some Sunday). If that's what works better for everybody else, then that's what we will do..

bh4rnnr

Alright, Daniel and myself have got a good plan for this years run. Going to change it up a bit to:) . Or plan is to meet thursday in Green River Utah. A good meeting place in case of any last minute supplys;) . We will head west into the San Rafael Swell, enter the Swell through Black Dragon Canyon. From there, head to Swaseys leap. After exploring the leap, we will set up camp for the night. Friday: We will head to Cane Wash from Buckhornwash/camp. Over Fixit Pass, through North fork and tunr off to South Fork Coal Wash(this way I cant get lost this time:hill: . South Foark will put us into Eagle Canyon. Friday Night camp either at Swaseys cabin or Dutchmans arch.
Saturday: We will head south and either setting up camp around the Hidden Splendor Mine, or around chute Canyon. We will hike one of the slot canyons(cant remember what one now:eek: ). Depending on how much time is left, maybe do a little exploring around the area?? Sunday we will pack up and head home.

I'm planning on heading out for the week. I will be heading to the Henry Mountains. Have one rout planned. If anyone is interested in joining me for that portion, please let me know.

Last edited:

bh4rnnr

Since this will most likely be my last run for a while with the club:bawl: , Hope to make it a good run. Who all is up for going. Anybody else get the latest issue of TT:D . Come on, you know you want to go::beer: :beer: :beer:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Time To Get Excited about the Outlaws Run

Ok - it is drawing closer. This is a real sleeper area about to be discovered after Perry's article in TT this month (great article :thumb: ) and Larry Heck's article in Off-Road magazine (October Issue - and the first of a six part article following the trail all the way to Canada).

Any more people going to take the plunge and come? questions?

Daniel

Convert

Hard Core 4+
I am thinking about it. Perry's article stirred some intrest

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'm going!

I just got work OK to go for 12th and 13th (so thurs-sun). Just want to ask the handbrake for a third time to make sure she's ok with it. Been wanting to do this for two years.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
A bigger band of outlaws....

Game on! Reminds me that I need to adjust my handbrake (the one in the Cruiser)

wesintl

RS Moderator
Perry, If the 14th is a go could you please add it to the calendar for october.

Thanks!

This is a great area and a perfect time of year out there. You won't be disappointed on the outlaw run that's for sure.

bh4rnnr

wesintl said:
Perry, If the 14th is a go could you please add it to the calendar for october.

Thanks!

This is a great area and a perfect time of year out there. You won't be disappointed on the outlaw run that's for sure.

On it:thumb: . Also changed the first post so folks would have some idea of what is going on.....

Dan, hope to see ya out there. Will save a few:beer: :beer: for ya.

Groucho, glad you can make it. You wont be disapointed:cool: :beer:

F

frydaddy

Frydaddy wants to go!

My name is Chris Fryman a.k.a. Frydaddy and I wanna go!I'm in Hunington ,UT and I heard rumor yall were going wheeling in the swell!

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Perry,

I am very interested, might give me a good excuse to put my roof top tent to useage before the winter comes.

I will check my schedule and get back to you.

Drew

bh4rnnr

Rezarf and Frydaddy, love to have you guys along with us:beer: :beer: .

Convert

Hard Core 4+
bh4rnnr said:
On it:thumb: . Also changed the first post so folks would have some idea of what is going on.....

Dan, hope to see ya out there. Will save a few:beer: :beer: for ya.

Groucho, glad you can make it. You wont be disapointed:cool: :beer:

Perry
I am planning on this run, unless the job keeps me from going. We are starting up the central plant at the new brighton hospital the week before so if things go well I should be able to get free!
How much extra fuel are you going to carry ? After TBP I want to make sure I have enough.

bh4rnnr

Convert said:
Perry
I am planning on this run, unless the job keeps me from going. We are starting up the central plant at the new brighton hospital the week before so if things go well I should be able to get free!
How much extra fuel are you going to carry ? After TBP I want to make sure I have enough.

Dan, glad to see you'r going to make it:thumb: . As for fuel, I had the runner full, plus four extra jerry cans last year. Was enough for me. Year before, I only had one extra jerry can, almost had to have Wes pull me into Green River:eek: Robbie had an aux fuel tank in his 80 and did not run out..

Convert

Hard Core 4+
bh4rnnr said:
Dan, glad to see you'r going to make it:thumb: . As for fuel, I had the runner full, plus four extra jerry cans last year. Was enough for me. Year before, I only had one extra jerry can, almost had to have Wes pull me into Green River:eek: Robbie had an aux fuel tank in his 80 and did not run out..

Been there almost needed a strap to get over cottenwood pass on TBP. My fuel light came on coming down Taylor Pass going back to camp. I discovered in camp the next morning that there was a gas station south east of taylor resevior at the cabins. Put 10 bucks in @ 3 something a gallon to get into BV.That has cured me of pushing it on fuel. Lookin forward to this run wanted to go last year but it didn't work out:thumb: