Outlaws Run 2005

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Just to get you guys ready for the trip

From Butch's early years......

Bob kept his horse on a ranch in Telluride. In the spring, when the cult(named Cornish) was three years old, Bob started to break him. That colt was beginning to shape up beautifully. the rancher had taken a real liking to Cornish and wanted to buy him, but Bob wouldn't sell. One evening after work, Bob took the colt out of the pasture to start breaking it.
The envious rancher swore out a warrant for Bobs arrest, accusing him of stealing the horse. Knowing that a number of men could testify in court that as long as they had known the brown colt, it had been at his ranch. Bob could not point to a brand, so the rancher thought this was a good time to pick up a free horse.
Bob was Jailed in Montrose, a town not far from Telluride. His friends new he was innocent. They wired his dad that Bob needed help.
Bob's dad left immediately. When he arrived in Montrose, he found Bob sitting in his cell, reading a magazine, with the door wide open. When Bob heard approaching foot steps, he looked up, and his mouth dropped open. "Dad!" he shouted " what the hell are you doing here?"
"Buy gum, young man" Dad replied, " I might ask you the same question. What's this all about?" he scratched his head, " this is the first time I ever heard a of a prisoner being imprisoned behind a opened door cell" Bob grinned "there not afraid i'll escape. they know I haven't taken anything that wasn't mine. I plan to stay right here till I get my horse"
Bob's father changed the whole complexion of the situation, for Bob was backed by his father, clearly a man of integrity and authority. When character witnesses came forward and volunteered there testimony, the rancher was defeated.
After the trial, Dad urged "come home with me, your mothers never been the same. We need you. You wouldn't believe how cute little Lula is. Tryin to keep up with the others. Baby Mark is growing fast and you haven't even seen him. Buy gum, son, the kids need you too. This is no kind of life for you".
Bob was silent, an inner struggle going on. He longed for the security of his family. Then he recalled hi strapped felling in Utah: closed in, nothing he could get his hands on, no money, no excitement. He couldn't go back to that. "Tell you what Dad, give me a little longer to save money and i'll be home". He pressed some gold pieces in his fathers hand"For ma". He swallowed the lump in his throat, not daring to say more.
"You're mother will appreciate the money, but it's no substitute for you"

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Cult

bh4rnnr said:
In the spring, when the cult(named Cornish) was three years old...

What kind of cult was it? One of those "worship the sun" deals? If the cult was named Cornish, did it have something to do with the ritual sacrifice of small hens?

/Enquiring minds want to know.
//confused.
///slashes!

bh4rnnr

Hulk said:
What kind of cult was it? One of those "worship the sun" deals? If the cult was named Cornish, did it have something to do with the ritual sacrifice of small hens?

/Enquiring minds want to know.
//confused.
///slashes!

Sheesh, so thats what I get for not double checking it :rolleyes: . Even spell checked everything(so I thought). It should be Colt.....

bh4rnnr

Brian, still have not got Sunday planned out. But since it sounds like there are a couple of you thinking about maybe meeting up with us, do you want to try and plan on meeting Sunday mornin? We can meet at the San Rafael campground(it's right off BuckHorn wash and Mexican Mountain road). We can meet at lets say 10:30, then head out from there??

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
I will pass it along, Alot will be leaving on Sat.
Thanks

Vitesse_6

Wasatch Cruisers
Good luck all, Be safe, have fun!
Im off to Denver to see Ige Sun. I may run into a few of you around.
I passed along the new info, Hope it works out, There was some confusion as to when and what was going on.... :confused:
Take care!

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Couldn't get the time off this year. :(

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
treerootCO said:
Couldn't get the time off this year. :(
for outlaws??? i thought you already had it off?

bh4rnnr

So is there anyone going to be meeting up with us on Friday?? If not, that make setting up camp friday better(and leaves more time to explore) :)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'm still questioning it...the fuel economy and the fact that i have a lot to do around the house are holding me back.

bh4rnnr

nuclearlemon said:
i'm still questioning it...the fuel economy and the fact that i have a lot to do around the house are holding me back.

What, now your backing out :rolleyes: .

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
So the way it reads is camp is in one spot if we do not meet people on friday? Also is there wood to burn at this camp or do we import the stuff from here? I am also takeing my stove so I know for sure I will be eating. Any other info a guy could use to make good choices would be good to know. I do want to do some soaking in the Hot springs at glenwood before I head that way. I am thinking I will leave around 6 am and get GWS by 9-9:30 and soak for a good hour or more. leave that area around 11 or so. What channel of the CB do you guys want to run? Maybe post cell phone numbers some how for those that want their privacy. Any how I am getting excited to do a extended trip (more than over nite). Any themes for food on certain nites?
later robbie

bh4rnnr

powderpig said:
So the way it reads is camp is in one spot if we do not meet people on friday? Also is there wood to burn at this camp or do we import the stuff from here? I am also takeing my stove so I know for sure I will be eating. Any other info a guy could use to make good choices would be good to know. I do want to do some soaking in the Hot springs at glenwood before I head that way. I am thinking I will leave around 6 am and get GWS by 9-9:30 and soak for a good hour or more. leave that area around 11 or so. What channel of the CB do you guys want to run? Maybe post cell phone numbers some how for those that want their privacy. Any how I am getting excited to do a extended trip (more than over nite). Any themes for food on certain nites?
later robbie

Robbie, the first night(thursday night) we will be camping at Crystal Geyser just outside of Green river Utah. Camped there last year and was a nice place. The weather was so nice I ended up just sleeping outside. Friday we will be setting up base camp. Thats why I was asking if we were meeting any body in Green River. As we could just head out friday mornin. We will be on cb4(is there anyother channel were on :p ). Firewood, we didnt bring any last year and managed to get buy. Might be something good to think about this year though. Food, realy havent thought of that.. Man I cant wait to get back out there :cool: .

bh4rnnr

C'mon Ige you cant back out on me like everybody else. I'm glad Robbies still goin, but now Dan is not going to be able to go. Oh well, i'm still going. Friend at work is lending me a cb, will be kinda a shady way of putting it in there, using a jump box and have the cb plug into the cig lighter adapter, then when need to, charge it up with the outlet adapter that Scott was so nice to install in the engine. That'll have to do till I get back..... Robbie, i'll give ya my # at wed meeting.

E

ericjcline

heyo-

sorry i missed you guys in the swell! turns out i was about 10 minutes late to the campground and missed your departure.

i was shooting for 9:00 am but had troubles with tires and ended up driving much slower than i had anticipated...

so where is coal canyon? i looked all over on my map per your note and didnt find it. i chased you guys up the buckhorn gulch road until i shorted out my idle solenoid and just got too far behind...

e

bh4rnnr

ericjcline said:
heyo-

sorry i missed you guys in the swell! turns out i was about 10 minutes late to the campground and missed your departure.

i was shooting for 9:00 am but had troubles with tires and ended up driving much slower than i had anticipated...

so where is coal canyon? i looked all over on my map per your note and didnt find it. i chased you guys up the buckhorn gulch road until i shorted out my idle solenoid and just got too far behind...

e

Man, sorry we missed ya. Think Robbie was ready to hit the trail. South fork coal wash is just past the San Rafael river crossing. We ended up missing the turn off for the road and kept driving through the wash till it ended. Kinda wasnt part of the trail :eek: ..... Was odd though looking at the maps as it showed a road going through the wash a couple miles then heading out. It was a good trip though. Hopefully we can meet up with you guys next year. Will be doing a write up for toyota trails. so will not be posting pics...

E

ericjcline

no worries... honestly, i was suprised you guys stayed until 10! VERY generous... i am bummed i missed the run, but i had fun rallying hard through the gulch. was the turn to the east? i remember passing a few smaller canyons that had tracks, but no fresh tire tread... i must have blazed past you guys when you were turning around. i think i drove through that canyon at about 55 mph! i was certain i was going to catch you...

looking forward to a write up! pics should be great! the weather was perfect...

you guys ever look into going into escalante national monument? no 'wheeling' in the traditonal sense, but if you liked the swell...

keep wasatch posted on western CO/eastern UT runs! i know i am always interested in meeting more cruiserheads. i have always had a great time with the RS guys at CM. neil probably doesnt remember me or my rig, but i sure had fun tooling around elephant hill with him at CM '03...

e