• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Outlaws Run 2005

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Official dates set for the Outlaws Run this year. We will be going out October 6th through the 10th. Thursday through Monday. I plan on leaving some time Thursday morning. And camping at Crystal Geyser, outside of Green River Utah. Will plan on meeting people on Friday at noon in Green River. Daniel Markofsky will be heading out Friday morning. We are working on areas to go this year, will keep posted as time gets closer. Also have been in contact with the Wasatch Cruisers of Utah. Some of them may end up meeting up with us Sunday for the day......
This is back country camping. Make sure you have enough water and right gear for the trip. Also things to bring is Gas. There is no gas station in the swell, closest one is Green River, half hour east from the entrance to the Sanrafael Swell.
Please let either myself or Daniel Markofsky know if you plan on comming out with us, and what days.

-Perry

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'll be there again!!!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm hoping to make it

I'm hoping to make it this year in the 80. How many cans of gas do you recommend bringing? I can do two now, and buy/borrow more cans if needed.

wesintl

RS Moderator
I think all the gassers had 2 cans ea. I had one which was cutting it close but perry and I stayed for more wheeling but both of us were on fumes to green river :)

bh4rnnr

Yeah, i'd recomend at least two gas cans. Maybe more like three.. I had one last year. Pulled out onto I-70 monday after Eagle canyon and it was on "E". I'm gonna try and bring three this year. I can cary most of the cans during the trip if you dont want them in the vehicle....

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i had two, was there one less day than perry and wes, and sucking fumes into green river.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Gas

I had two. Perry carried them. Used them both at the end (Perry said he did not need them!) and had 1/2 tank at Green river!

bh4rnnr

Re-post some pics so people can get an idea of whats out there :)

Attachments

• sunset green river 21.jpg
    sunset green river 21.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 5,047
  • dan river1.jpg
    dan river1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3,907
  • wes swazys cabin1.jpg
    wes swazys cabin1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3,451

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
I'll be there

I scheduled the time off already and it was approved. Looking forward to it. I Hope Lindsay can go with me(us).

-LeiniesRed

bh4rnnr

Alright! Glad you can make it out. Should be another great trip!! Got these from Dave Connors. Have been talking to him about the Devils race track. Sounds like it's tight for fulsizes, but an 80 can make it through. He was saying that the full size chevy's might have a hard time getting through. I gues this is where Royal Rose lost his snorkel one year :eek: . I'd like to do this Sunday, as we might be able to get some of the Wasatch crew to join us :) .

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 486
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 330
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 871
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 334

wesintl

RS Moderator
bh4rnnr said:
the Devils race track. Sounds like it's tight for fulsizes, but an 80 can make it through.

Where is devils race track? I looked at the blue book and I don't see anything about it?

bh4rnnr

wesintl said:
Where is devils race track? I looked at the blue book and I don't see anything about it?

We passed it last year when going through the North Coal Wash road. It is in that little book that Jeff Gave us.

wesintl

RS Moderator
ok.. I see it now.. kinda a branch off north coal instead of going fixit pass we could go devils racetrack?

bh4rnnr

One plan I was thinking was to come through off of I-70, then exit through the lower road.. I'd still like to do Fixit Pass, comming from the San Rafael River, ending at the Buckhorn Wash road..

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
can we start fixit pass early enough to do the long way this time?

bh4rnnr

Glad you asked, as I just got back from DPL with Dan. We got most of the days planned out. Should be fun.

Friday: Meet in Green River at Noon. Head west on I-70 to the swell. Inter the swell through Black Dragon Canyon. If we have enough time, head up to swazy's leap. Then off to set up camp off the Mexican Mountain RD.

Saturday: This will be the BIG day. We will leave early. Fixit Pass to Devils Race Track, through Swazy's Cabin and to the South Fork Coal Wash. Cross the Sanrafael River, to Buckhorn Wash and back to camp. This should take up most of the day, and who knows, maybe into the night :) .

Sunday: (We havent fully figured out the rest of the days yet....) But planning on a late morning. Either breaking down camp and heading south or............. Will update once we figure out the last of the details.

Oh, and we thought this would be fun. Anybody that plans on going, needs to creat a "outlaw" name.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Even if I don't go... you can call me Clint :D

bh4rnnr

wesintl said:
Even if I don't go... you can call me Clint :D

Yeah, real original :rolleyes:............................................................................................................................................Clint :D

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
If all works out I will be going as well and may stay a few extra days after to wonder around for a bit. I may have ty with me as well. Looks to be a fun area. I have been wanting to get in to this area for a bit. Any books to have with, or just some maps and GPS stuff? later robbiehttp://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/images/icons/icon10.gif