• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

OutdoorX4 Magazine

Fishy

Hard Core 4+
I was able to score us 20% off subscription rates to OutdoorX4 Magazine for anyone on the Rising Sun forums. That makes a year subscription around $18.

I have been including an issue of OutdoorX4 in our monthly raffle at meetings and they also stepped up and sponsored Cruise Moab with 100 issues and stickers. They were also a supporter of 100s in the Hills this year with 50 issues.

The most recent issue on the newsstand (Barnes and Noble, Tattered Cover etc.) features a sweet non-white 100 ;) on the cover from Cruise Moab. OX4 is not a Toyota magazine, it's an all encompassing outdoor publication covering everything from overlanding, 4x4ing, fishing, hunting, camping, dual-sport motorcycling etc. The magazine features some heavy hitters in the editorial world, so the content is fantastic. Check it out!
https://outdoorx4.com/main/about-outdoorx4/

Use the coupon code: risingsun2014
https://outdoorx4.com/main/product/u-s-subscription/

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
OutdoorX4 Announces New Marketing Coordinator - Stan Wright

Congratulations Stan!

https://outdoorx4.com/main/2014/09/03/outdoorx4-magazine-announces-new-marketing-coordinator/

OutdoorX4 Announces New Marketing Coordinator

Stan Wright to handle marketing and advertising opportunities for OutdoorX4

OutdoorX4 Magazine is pleased to announce it has hired Stan Wright to act as Marketing Coordinator of the magazine effective today, September 2.

Stan grew up chasing adventure and brook trout in New York’s Catskill Mountains and was eventually lured to the tall peaks, clean rivers and overlanding opportunities of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain West. A former Marine, he is the Social Media Manager for a leading enthusiast organization as well as Co-Director of several vehicle-based events held in Colorado each year. He brings a wealth of knowledge of the overland and outdoors industry which will fit nicely with his role as Marketing Coordinator for OutdoorX4.

“I’m very excited to have Stan officially join our staff in a role that I believe will provide value for our customers and the magazine long term”, said Frank Ledwell, President and Executive Editor. “Stan’s down-to-earth personality, his enthusiasm for adventure travel and outdoor recreation, his keen eye for business opportunities, and his capabilities behind the lens are a perfect fit that correlates with the goal of providing a high-quality, engaging publication of which most anyone can identify with.”

OutdoorX4’s fifth issue release will ship out in mid-September and will be at newsstands throughout the U.S., Canada, and select retailers internationally by month-end.

About OutdoorX4 Magazine

OutdoorX4 Magazine is an archival quality publication with a focus on promoting responsible overland/4×4 adventure travel along with the utility of 4×4 and/or dual-sport vehicles to get out and enjoy all forms of outdoor recreation and exploration. Our editorial team is comprised of experienced adventurers from all corners of the globe whose style of storytelling relates with the masses and whose passion for their various disciplines permeates and captures the reader with articles and photos that will inspire.

OutdoorX4 is offered six times annually through all media platforms including at the newsstand, on a computer, or virtually any mobile device available on the market today.

just got the issue with your article in it. nicely done. i've added it to my growing list of places to go once i get another truck.

also picked up the back issues. good variety of content and most of it is pretty well written.

I just received my first issue of OX4 and am very impressed. Great photos, nice-looking articles (just thumbed through for now), and a high quality feel. This may be the best magazine experience I've had, and that's saying a lot. I subscribe and otherwise pick up loads of different magazines - The Atlantic, Harpers, Velo, Peloton, others... The print quality and tactile experience of OX4 is up there among the best.

Now if I could just get some stickers... :)

Woodsman

Trail Ready
Yes, looks like a fine magazine (have received issues #2-#5) although I am disappointed in myself for missing issue #1 which is now out of stock.

Fishy

Hard Core 4+
Issue 5 should be hitting newsstand and bookstores just about now. If anyone would like a new discount code for subscription, please let me know. I believe the risingsun2014 one has expired.

Attachments

• 10606250_501901183279859_7487202008447605231_n.jpg
    10606250_501901183279859_7487202008447605231_n.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 342
^Will you be at the next meeting?

I'll have a few for you.

Sorry, Stan. Keep them handy; I'll make another meeting at some point. :| I've been on the road a lot the past few months and it always seems to hit the first Wednesday. I hope to get to the December meeting. (Was in Seattle on biz this month; in Hawaii on biz next month. Someone's gotta do it.)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
don't think your code is set up correctly...i subscribed and it gave me $25 off (free), not 25%.