• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Ouray 9/18-9/21

DougCruiser

Rising Sun Member
Short notice, but thats how we roll

Camping in Ouray in our 100 series, planning to run Imogene, Poughkeepsie, Yankee Boy & Governor’s at the least. It looks like its gonna be nice and chilly, with a chance of snow up high. If anyone will be in the area or wants to join, come through!
IMG_0896.jpeg

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'll be not far, more west on CO145 prolly Sun to Tue or so. Verifying some research I've done on old mines.

It's the time of year to start thinking of getting to the lower elevation places!

DougCruiser

Rising Sun Member
I drove through yesterday in the rain. No snow up high but looked like a couple peaks got hit with some hail that accumulated.
Good to know, thanks for the info! Kinda hoping to wake up to snow in the mornings 🤞🏼 looks like there will definitely be a little rain

DougCruiser

Rising Sun Member
I'll be not far, more west on CO145 prolly Sun to Tue or so. Verifying some research I've done on old mines.

It's the time of year to start thinking of getting to the lower elevation places!
Nice! We may make it over to that side, depending on the wife’s mood. Pretty soon, we’ll be staying lower. This is my favorite time of year in the San Juans!!

Burt88

Trail Ready
I'll join you for a day at least. I'll PM my info.

MtnAddict

Rising Sun Member
Short notice, but thats how we roll

Camping in Ouray in our 100 series, planning to run Imogene, Poughkeepsie, Yankee Boy & Governor’s at the least. It looks like its gonna be nice and chilly, with a chance of snow up high. If anyone will be in the area or wants to join, come through!

Dang, will be there the following week at some point. I have run most of the trails down there, but curious the preferred way back to Ouray after California Pass into Animas Forks?

DougCruiser

Rising Sun Member
Dang, will be there the following week at some point. I have run most of the trails down there, but curious the preferred way back to Ouray after California Pass into Animas Forks?
You can go down Mineral creek/engineer, Corkscrew, or go down to silverton and come up 550. Mineral creek is the hardest/most fun, corkscrew is pretty easy, silverton route is a dirt road

nick in nebraska

Rising Sun Member
We will miss you by a week! Headed to that area. Hope to wheel some trails on the 27th and 28th. Staying in a cabin at Montrose KOA.

DougCruiser

Rising Sun Member
We will miss you by a week! Headed to that area. Hope to wheel some trails on the 27th and 28th. Staying in a cabin at Montrose KOA.
Hopefully the weather will hold up for yall. Looks like they temporarily closed Imogene yesterday on the Telluride side due to a landslide