Offroad Canada

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
What's happening all?
September I moved to Angier, NC from Westminster to basically become a stay at home dad. Since then I've been trying to come up with and plan one hell of an adventure trip with my two boys(7&5) for summer break. After running RimRocker (solo rig) into Moab a little more than a year ago with my youngest boy, I have really been wanting to go on another long and remote trip....Which lead me to this trail in New Brunswick, Canada. It's 330 miles long and most certainly in the middle of nowhere. Other than it being quite remote and water crossing's it appears to be relatively easy.

Has anyone ever ran it before, has anyone ever gone offroading in Canada? Anything I should be concerned about other than bears? Both will be a new experience for me. Oh and yup the boys and I all have passports.

https://trailsoffroad.app.link/trail-1975 trailsoffroad seems to be the only place with any documentation of the trail.
1699276919885.png

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Looks like an awesome trip, I’ve never wheeled in Canada. Bears are easy to deal with. Just keep a clean camp with respect to food/garbage. Educate the boys that food can’t be in a tent. And dropping scrapes or throwing stuff like an apple core in the woods is not allowed.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
There are a few guys on MUD that live in the general area that might have some helpful info for you. I've spent a bit of time in Nova
Scotia looking for off road trails but haven't found anything interesting yet. The rate that the trees grow up there means a road that gets little use will revert back to forest pretty quickly. And water crossings there can be wet granite, or literal bogs. It seems like a good place to have have two vehicles so one can unstick the other one. I think the bears are limited to black bears. Not sure what the rules are for crossing the border with bear repellant. Sounds like a fun trip.

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
There are a few guys on MUD that live in the general area that might have some helpful info for you. I've spent a bit of time in Nova
Scotia looking for off road trails but haven't found anything interesting yet. The rate that the trees grow up there means a road that gets little use will revert back to forest pretty quickly. And water crossings there can be wet granite, or literal bogs. It seems like a good place to have have two vehicles so one can unstick the other one. I think the bears are limited to black bears. Not sure what the rules are for crossing the border with bear repellant. Sounds like a fun trip.
I may have to look those guys up and reach out.
I definitely plan to bring a chainsaw and other tree clearing items along with waders to check out the water crossing depths. I’ve read both can/can’t bring bear spray across the boarder so I’ll most likely just buy it once there.
Bringing about 20 extra gallons of fuel with me as the 80 Is thirsty and who knows how much it’ll chug towing the m101a2 trailer.

I’ve got a few feelers out with buddies if they’re able to join but with it being such a big trip it’s hard to put work, life etc on hold for that long for most.