Official Ouray Trip Info.

sno bored

Trail Ready
I'm in. I reserved site #6 at the ampitheatre campground for Friday-Sunday. It's just me and my tent, so if anyone needs a place to camp let me know.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
I'm still in, unless the baby comes early (better not). We will be at ampitheater wed night (30th) until Monday. I'd offer space but my dad and brother are coming. Dad is bringing the exchange student from Thailand. Can't wait to see his face on Black bear :eek: :bowdown:

ben

sno bored said:
I'm in. I reserved site #6 at the ampitheatre campground for Friday-Sunday. It's just me and my tent, so if anyone needs a place to camp let me know.

are you allowed to have more people in your spot?
we were going to book there but i couldnt make myself pay $60 for camping when everything around here is open to camping although it would be nice to camp with a cruiser head.

mike

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
lx450landcrusier said:
are you allowed to have more people in your spot?
we were going to book there but i couldnt make myself pay $60 for camping when everything around here is open to camping although it would be nice to camp with a cruiser head.

mike

May be speaking out of turn but you're allowed two cars per camp, up to Kevin (he might be persuaded:beer: :beer: ) I'd offer but I'm going to be full with 3 cars.

sno bored

Trail Ready
You are allowed two vehicles per site, at Camp Hale we were able to pay for extra vehicles. It says 8 people per site, so I don't think it would be a problem to have you stay there Mike. Ben let me stay at his campsite, so I should pass the favor on. Kevin

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Hey Sno Bored if you still have space we (my son and I) would like to take you up on it and pay for 1/2.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Bruce, I'm curious if you know what trails we are planning on running on Sunday. I'm going to be down there Thurs and Fri and am trying to not duplicate trails if possible.

thanks, ben

sno bored

Trail Ready
Farnham, I offered lx450 a place to stay, and I told Perry he could stay. I don't know if either of them are going to take me up on the offer. I don't have a problem with you staying at my campsite, We had four trucks and eight people at Ben's site at Camp Hale and it wasn't a problem. I don't know what time I will get there on Friday, but if you are there before me it is site #6 and my last name is O'Reilly. Feel free to set up your stuff.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
farnhamstj said:
Hey Sno Bored if you still have space we (my son and I) would like to take you up on it and pay for 1/2.

Farnam, I as well have extended a couple of offers, don't know who might take me up on them, if there is room you and mini are more than welcome.

ben

wesintl

RS Moderator
Does anyone have room me to crash their camp? Willing to $. I wasn't a 100% so I never booked a camp spot. It's no big deal if not. I'm actually wanting to camp somewhere past lake city friday night. So really maybe only sat. Anyone know of some good spots (primitave) off engineer or cinammon?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
wesintl said:
Does anyone have room me to crash their camp? Willing to $. I wasn't a 100% so I never booked a camp spot. It's no big deal if not. I'm actually wanting to camp somewhere past lake city friday night. So really maybe only sat. Anyone know of some good spots (primitave) off engineer or cinammon?

I'll be camping off Lime creek road per John Ferguson. Sounds like he will try and make it down there with one or two other cruiser folk.

sno bored said:
Farnham, I offered lx450 a place to stay, and I told Perry he could stay. I don't know if either of them are going to take me up on the offer. I don't have a problem with you staying at my campsite, We had four trucks and eight people at Ben's site at Camp Hale and it wasn't a problem. I don't know what time I will get there on Friday, but if you are there before me it is site #6 and my last name is O'Reilly. Feel free to set up your stuff.

I will most likly take you up on that offer. the girl friend and i will be sleeping in the roof top tent so we dont really need any tent space. just a parking space. will help pay for the night we stay of course.

thanks again
mike

wesintl

RS Moderator
bh4rnnr said:
I'll be camping off Lime creek road per John Ferguson. Sounds like he will try and make it down there with one or two other cruiser folk.

lime creek? that's further south on 550? That's to far for me.

I want to try and jet outta denver at noon or so and get somewhere past lake city to camp. Then drive over to ouray in the morning.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Well, i'm outa here:cool: . Mail one bill before I leave. Stopping by Proffitts for a little while then find some place to camp tonight. Finish the day tomorrow. See you all down there:beer:

bruce miller/turbo diesel power:

has anything changed as far the run to ouray this coming weekend? since
from the different threads that ive read, alot of us are staying at dfifferent
locations in and around ouray! is the central meeting location for sat. and sunday still at the hot springs parking lot at 800am? on friday night, are
there any plans for every one getting togther for a few beers or whatever?
looking forward the trip,are most of the trails open now or has all recent
rain caused some closures?

doug tebbe/11thcavdrt
96 tacoma

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
We'll be there

Myself and Mrs. Teasdale will be going on this weekend run. We'd be up for the group getting together any of the nights. Planning on heading out @ 7am on friday morning from Denver.

Previous Ouray runs, folks seem to gather 'round Bruce Miller's locale and have a few barley pops after dinner at night. Good way to shoot the bull, find out about the next days runs, etc.

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
The Hot Springs Pool parking lot will be our meeting place at 8:00 AM. We'll depart the parking lot after we get an idea of who wants to go where, on which trail, and when. Best to wait till we get into Ouray to find out about the local conditions, roads, fire bans, etc. I'm not familiar with Ouray watering holes. Last time a bunch of us visited one of the bars there, the manager (owner?) wasn't accepting driver's licenses if the license paper was frayed or dirty so we returned to camp and drank a beer there. Let's shoot from the hip and see what Ouray feels like when we get into town.

We're leaving Longmont at 6:00 AM Friday, driving Highway 285 up to Buena Vista, picking up all interested caravan drivers on the way. Hope to be soaking in the pool as soon as is possible.

reply to your e-mail dated 083006

Bruce Miller said:
The Hot Springs Pool parking lot will be our meeting place at 8:00 AM. We'll depart the parking lot after we get an idea of who wants to go where, on which trail, and when. Best to wait till we get into Ouray to find out about the local conditions, roads, fire bans, etc. I'm not familiar with Ouray watering holes. Last time a bunch of us visited one of the bars there, the manager (owner?) wasn't accepting driver's licenses if the license paper was frayed or dirty so we returned to camp and drank a beer there. Let's shoot from the hip and see what Ouray feels like when we get into town.

We're leaving Longmont at 6:00 AM Friday, driving Highway 285 up to Buena Vista, picking up all interested caravan drivers on the way. Hope to be soaking in the pool as soon as is possible.

Hi bruce,thxs for e-mailing back. sounds good as far as you had to say.
hopefully we are shooting for around 800am time to leave, who knows ,iam
not much of a morning person myself, maybe we run/meet up with u guys
on the way!!!
doug tebbe
96 tacoma