New $29.00 registration fee on ALL vehicles for Co. Parks

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
FYI: To those with multiple vehicles.

Colorado has implemented a new $29.00 fee on all vehicles, which is added to your annual registration fee. The funding goes to help fund the Colorado Parks system. It is applied to ALL qualifying vehicles unless you opt out......so, for people with several vehicles that you may never take into the parks you my get hit with another fee. This could hit some for hundreds of dollars in new registration fees. Will be very interesting to see how difficult the DMV makes it to opt out of this fee/tax......

Last edited:

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Here's me trying to figure out how to opt out of paying 29 bucks for each one of my vehicles.
McPHZWaKkFImC6ODE5 (1).gif

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
It would be an additional $261 annually for my mini fleet with 8 of those vehicles never going into a Colorado Park, much less then all 9 going in at once.....BTW, where the hell is all the recreational marijuana money they promised? How about the on-line betting money? Lotto money? Friggin plastic bag and sugar tax money? For godsake........

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
It would be an additional $261 annually for my mini fleet with 8 of those vehicles never going into a Colorado Park, much less then all 9 going in at once.....BTW, where the hell is all the recreational marijuana money they promised? How about the on-line betting money? Lotto money? Friggin plastic bag and sugar tax money? For godsake........
Don't forget this tax that is new as of today Paul:

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
This is my biggest beef with all of it. The schools keep going through budget cuts, public transit has been cut, roads still suck, FS/NPS/WM funding keeps getting cut. Taxes and fees keep going up but public services keep diminishing. I must not be good at math.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
This is my biggest beef with all of it. The schools keep going through budget cuts, public transit has been cut, roads still suck, FS/NPS/WM funding keeps getting cut. Taxes and fees keep going up but public services keep diminishing. I must not be good at math.
Yeah, this was on a previous post on the forum. Unfortunately we are under the control of nonsensical people. So I guess we don’t have much say.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Here's my beef..........I spent thirty year in public service. The last 20 trying to educate those in public serivice to run public serivice like private business (meaning if you can't provide the service with in your budget you will go out of business, like private business) an no one listen......F I......retire and make money in private business.....it's not rocket science!

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
Here's my beef..........I spent thirty year in public service. The last 20 trying to educate those in public serivice to run public serivice like private business (meaning if you can't provide the service with in your budget you will go out of business, like private business) an no one listen......F I......retire and make money in private business.....it's not rocket science!
Exactly.

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
A guy could go on and on and on about this but it doesn’t matter. Unelected and unaccountable bureaucracies.